Chapter 53 - Gathering Supplies

Sypha P.O.V.

We decided during the discussions we'd had over the last few days that we would bring some things from the future to take back. These things would be used to let Dracula and his wife know that Y/N wasn't telling lies and to make things easier for them to grasp. So, here we are in Walmart again.

"Make sure to grab some of those chocolates with the caramel in them," I heard Alucard say from the next aisle. "Mother will adore those, I'm certain of it."

"Oh, I see," Y/N responded. "So you want me to get more of those for you, huh?"

"I said for Mother."

"Code for 'Get them for me', right?"

"Shut it, woman."

"Man period! Man period! He needs chocolate stat!" Following that was squealing and laughter before, "Alright, I'll get three bags. Big baby!"

I laughed at their antics while waiting for Trevor to figure out what he wanted. He said something about starting a journal of his own to add to those in the Hold, but now he's standing here looking at the various paper products like he was trying to figure out an ancient riddle. It wasn't long before Alucard and Y/N walked around to the aisle we were in and stopped next to me.

"What's wrong?" Alucard asked. I related to him the idea of a journal Trevor had, and he nodded in understanding.

"Trev," Y/N prodded, "why do you look like a monkey doing a math problem?" Trevor's head whipped around to look at her, his brows furrowed and a frown pulling at his lips.

"For your information, wench, I'm trying to decide what type of journal I should get to add to the Hold library. There are so many choices that my head's beginning to ache."

"Oh, well then you don't want to get one here. You'll need something much more sturdy to survive in there. I have an idea of what you'd like, so when we're done here I'll take us to it."

"What?" I asked. "You mean there's more?"

Y/N raised a single brow. "We're in my time, Sypha. Of course there's more." She then led us around and helped us pick out the things we were thinking of bringing back with us, keeping mostly to the list of things she'd made out with all our suggestions: a larger refrigerator cooler, blankets, some nice pillows, sewing needles and thread of almost every color, fabrics of different prints, etc. Alucard took the time to find outfits for his parents that he thought they'd like, a lovely dress for his mother in the loveliest shade of light purple and a full black suit for his father.

"Well, that kills one card," Y/N said with a smile. "Only three more to go."

"Wait," I said, "you mean to tell me you still have three more of those?"

"Yeah," she responded with a smile. "I would have had four, but I gave one to the landlord to pay for rent ahead of time. She was really surprised and said that I had the year rent free because that card had more than enough to pay the property taxes for the year on it."

We had everything loaded into the car and made our way to the store she'd talked about for Trevor. Upon walking in all you could smell was paper and ink. Even Alucard was impressed with the amount of things his eyes could light on.

Y/N wasted no time and took Trevor's hand to lead him to a specific part of the store that sold journals. Alucard and I followed behind closely, still having trouble not looking at everything else in the aisles.

"Here you go, Trevor," she said with a smile. "These journals are made with resin covers that are nearly as hard as iron. They also have these decorations across the front and come with locks if you want."