Chapter 100 - Dad's Request

Reader P.O.V.

Adrian and I have been back here in my time for a little over two weeks, both of us trying to recover from our sadness without letting the other feel our individual pain, and we figured it was time to get out there and start trying to adjust to this time again. Adrian didn't seem to have too much trouble, but I was adjusting to being a vampire now. And I kept breaking down in laughter.

"What are you laughing about now, you crazy woman?" Adrian asked from the kitchen as he attempted to make toast (which didn't turn out well the first eight times he tried).

"I'm sorry," I said amid chuckles. "I'm just trying not to have a 'Twilight' moment here."

"Ugh! Don't mention that movie again!" he said scornfully. "I still can't believe I let you talk me into watching all of that shit series."

"It isn't THAT bad," I argued, even though I was still laughing about it. "It has it's moments where its sweet."

"It is overrun with too much nausea, though," Adrian argued back as he sat beside me. "And what the hell is the deal with Bella and all that damn blinking and stuttering? It's like she's delivering her lines while holding onto a jackhammer!" I burst out laughing again because he was right. I mean she did have a lot of stuttering going on all the way through the series.

"Wait," I started. "What about all those time she held her breath?"

"Right!" he said loudly. "What the fuck was she doing? Was she seriously acting like a petulant child saying they'll hold their breath and turn blue if they don't get what they want?"

"Calm down, Adrian," I said, still laughing.

"I am calm!" he retorted.

"Ok. Sure. Whatever you say there, Bokuto." Adrian's head whipped around toward me, his eyes the size of saucers.

"I am not Bokuto! I'm more like Ushijima," he crowed proudly.

"I should never have let you watch 'Haikyu!'," I said with a chuckle.

"You should have let me watch anime sooner," he said with a mouthful of toast with jelly. "I really like that stuff. The stories are so imaginative and the artwork is beautiful. Like those Ghibli movies we watched."

"You did really like 'Princess Mononoke' and 'Howl's Moving Castle', huh?" When I turned my head to get his response my breath caught in my throat. Adrian sat beside me with his toast hanging from his mouth while he pulled his hair into a half pony, his blonde hair floating down over his shoulders. He looked so handsome I thought he looked a bit like an anime character himself. Once he finished with his hair he took the toast out of his mouth to answer.

"Those, yes, and 'My Neighbor Totoro', 'Ponyo' and 'The Secret Life of Arrietty'." As he spoke of his favorites, he bounced a bit in his seat like an excited child. I found myself hoping against hope he would never figure out how adorable I thought he was at that moment.

"I've got more anime to show you, love," I said finally. "I'll turn you into a true otaku yet." I knew he wanted to ask me more, but just then my phone rang. I held up a finger to ask for a moment and answered.

"Hello?"

"You're back and you haven't come to see me? How could you do that to your dear old dad?" I gasped when I heard his hurt tone and hurriedly spoke.

"Dad! Oh! I've missed you so much!"

"No need to shout, sweetheart," my father chuckled. "I'll be busy at work for the rest of the week, but how would you like to meet up for dinner this weekend? Say Saturday?"