Chapter 20 - The Race Home

Sypha P.O.V.

I could see the sadness and discomfort on Y/N's face as she looked down into her lap. She had something to say, but was just afraid of what we'd think or say about it.

"Hey, Trevor has one testicle that hangs way lower than the other," Alucard offered up. I looked and saw Y/N start to smile, so it was my turn.

"Yeah, it swings in the breeze like a mouse trapped in a stocking or something." This comment resulted in a nasally snicker coming from the woman.

"Oh yeah?" Trevor said with humor lacing his voice. "My nuts may hang funny, but at least I don't have a woman's ass like that fanged fucker over there."

"I have to admit," I said, "from behind Alucard does look like a woman. A very tall woman."

"Y/N?" Alucard said while looking at her, "Please remind me never to bend over in front of Trevor. I'm afraid my rear may be in danger."

"Yeah," she said with a snicker. "Now YOU have to worry the vampire slayer will be using the wrong wood and aim in the wrong spot."

"HEY!" Trevor yelled on a laugh.

"I mean I knew he had a thing for blondes, no offense meant, Sypha, but damn."

"And with just enough ale, he'd probably enjoy it," I added.

Sheepishly Trevor said, "More than likely I would hit on him....with more than enough ale."

Y/N stood up, rushed to Alucard and placed both hands on his butt as she jokingly said, "We are NEVER going to a tavern!"

Alucard smirked before he said, "Now, wait a minute here. Let's not be hasty about never going to a tavern." When he heard Y/N's surprised gasp, he continued.

"If it means that you'll grab my ass like this again and hold it all night, I might be convinced to go."

"Jerk," Y/N chuckled out and gave Alucard a smack.

I looked up to the sky and marked the position of the sun. As much as I didn't want the fun to stop, we had to get on the road home.

"I don't want to sound like an old mother here, but we really should be on our way. We don't want to be caught out here when the night creatures can come out to play."

"Why?" Trevor asked. "We can easily defeat them, Sypha. We've been doing this all this time, so there's no reason to be afraid."

"Yes, I know this," I began, "However, we have one of our party that can't fight or defend herself. Once the night creatures know this, they'll waste no time at all in taking her and destroying her."

Alucard pressed Y/N to his side and said, "She's right. We'd better make for home."

"Besides," Y/N added, "I have to start working on those pipes if I'm going to take you guys with me to my time. You still want to go, RIGHT?!" Her sentence ended with a screech as Trevor lifted her into the back of the wagon before rushing back to grab our lunch and cloths and throwing those in the far end.

"Let's get going, people!" he shouted as he jumped up in the front and grabbed the reins. I chuckled before clamoring up beside him and Alucard floated into the back to sit alongside Y/N. Trevor gave a whistle and snapped the reins to begin our ride home.

Alucard P.O.V.

It was actually quite amusing that the blockhead was in such a rush to get back to the castle when he learned of Y/N's intention to start working on the plumbing. If you had asked me about a month ago, I would have told you the only thing he was truly interested in was ale and beating the shit out of me. Now, of course, he was still interested in those things, but he also was intrigued by the idea of going to a different time. Part of it had to be because of how Sypha reacted to the idea because the man was all about making her happy, even if he looked like he was going to argue about it. He would never begin to admit that some of the things he did were specifically for Sypha's benefit, but anyone outside of our little group could see the adoration he had in his eyes when she wasn't looking right at him. That and they fought like an old married couple.