Chapter 50

|Haley's POV|

After I heard Karlie and Mikayla rush downstairs and I held Leo and Cegan tight in my arms as I also cradled my growing baby bump. I heard footsteps coming upstairs and the slamming on the room door. I cringed as I held my kids close and the door broke down. Tears fell from my eyes and I quickly wiped them away. I shakily signaled for Leo and Cegan to stay quiet and they nodded slowly.

The footsteps drew closer and closer towards the closet and I took in a deep breath. As a hand reached for the door I jumped out and wrestled Alyssa to the ground. We fought and fought until she couldn't take it anymore and she lay on the ground defeated. "Haley-" she said and I slowly made my way over. "I fucking hate you!" She screamed as she sat up and stabbed me in my stomach.

I fell to the ground crying and bleeding uncontrollably. I saw Leo jump out of the closet with my foggy vision and I heard a gun shot and my son fell to the ground limp. The last thing I saw was Cegan running out of the closet and jumping on top of her, then everything faded into darkness.

|Cegan's POV|

I jumped on top of Alyssa and pinned her to the floor. I punched her in the ribs and held her down by the throat. The struggled to get out of my grasp, but I continued to hold her down. I then took the opportunity to beat the shit out of her. I punched her face repeatedly and kicked her over and over again until she was unconscious. Just then Mikayla ran in with Karlie behind her.

|Mikayla's POV|

I ran in and saw Cegan beating the crap out of Alyssa and she then laid there motionless. I looked over to see Haley passed out and Leo struggling to breath. I screamed and Karlie called 911. Cegan took our guns and put them away back in Karlie's closet safe.

I then tried to wrap Haley's stomach with a bed sheet to suppress the bleeding while Karlie tried her best to keep Leo awake. Ten minutes passed and the ambulance arrived. They took Leo and Haley out on stretchers as quick as possible and the police arrested Alyssa in her unconscious state.

I started crying and so did Karlie, but we then realized that we need to pull ourselves together for them and Cegan. We climbed in our car and followed the ambulances to the hospital.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We need immediate operations for a women stabbed deeply in the womb of the abdomen and a boy shot right above the heart's circulation vein!" An EMT shouted as he and the others maneuvered Haley and Leo to operating rooms.

"Are there any medical conditions for the two patients?" The EMT asked. "Haley's pregnant and Leo has sever asthma" Karlie said and the other paramedics eyes shot open. "Change of operation! We need immediate C-Section on patient 24B!" The paramedic shouted as she rushed back into the operating room.

We sat and waited for hours out side the ICU waiting for any information, but we didn't get any. Nothing. Until the paramedic came out from earlier and he guided us to the window of Haley's operation. "We understand you her only thing closest to family so if you would like, you can watch the C-Section" he said as he walked away and Karlie and I intently looked through the glass. The only thing separating us, Haley, and that baby.