84; ᴠᴀɴɪᴄᴀ ᴢᴏɢʀᴀᴛɪs ☾

╒══════════════════╕

afterlife
—hailee steinfield

2:01 ─────|──── 3:29

|◁ II ▷|

╘══════════════════╛
* ·          ✧    ⋆    · * . · .     · ·       .. ✷   ✧ . .       · +       ·  * ✫    * ✷ ⊹ * ˚      . . +       ·   ⋆        *       
『HEARTS』
vanica x male!reader
.          * .     . ·  .   ·     .           *  ·       . ·   · +  .        · ** ˚      . . +       ·   ⋆        *        .          * .     . ·  .   ·
───── ◦'𖥸'◦ ─────

"Loro, how are you feeling?" The boy cupped her cheeks, sitting close as the female laid in bed, pale and exhausted.

The Queen of Hearts just smiled softly, "Nii-san, I feel alright..."

The brother of The Queen of Hearts heard her heart shattering as she whimpered to cry out. It was just a few days after the fight between her with a devil host, and (y/n) felt guilty for not being there to take care of her and protect her.

He kissed her forehead, pulling her close into a hug, with her still lying still, she couldn't help but let out the streams of tears that she can't hold back.

"Don't worry, big brother will be here for you, always."

Loropechka sobbed, weeping as she can't contain the feeling as queen. Her people might die if she didn't protect them. Even if the Guardians are there, it was still her duty. "I don't want to die... I don't want to die..."

Amidst the siblings' session, a particular guardian leaned behind a wall to hear them converse, silently vowing.

"You won't. I promise you that."

The older brother should've known what was waiting if he was to leave the kingdom unprepared. He was stubborn, foolish— but his love for his younger sister who was cursed into dying soon just mentally dragged him and pushed him to do his duty as a brother and as the Queen's brother.

With that he left and travelled afar, taking notice of how the winter cold outside of his kingdom and by the enemy's territory was frightening but he knew he was capable of handling himself.

The steam came off just as the person he was looking for all along was standing by herself in the balcony of her room.

Ready to pierce her with the simple knowing knife that has been gifted from many generations above the royals, hiding by the mist that hid by his magic.

Just as he was about to do it, a hand stopped him as she turned and faced the invisible man yet she took notice of the flying knife. "Hm?"

"Vanica Zogratis..." He lowly mutters, dispersing the magic around him, showing his looks that somehow caught the heart of the devil host.

She grinned and lightly purred, "And who might you be?"

"Your killer."