51. The Yule Ball

TW// Homophobic slur and sexual assault. I will put a warning before it happens and when it ends and it won't make too much of a difference to the story.

Outfits mentioned are at the bottom of this chapter.

"Holy shit Blaise" my eyes drag over my best friend standing in front of me, his dark skin is perfectly complimented with the green velvet robes he wears. His jawline seems to be even sharper than usual and his brown eyes are framed by gold eyeliner that brings out the golden tones in his pupils. He smiles widely at me as he bows dramatically.

"You look incredible" I gush as I rush towards him.

"Well thank you Miss Potter, I did this eyeliner just for you. I thought we should be matching in some way or another." He looks down at me and smiles softly suddenly "you look absolutely edible Angelica".

I wrinkle my nose "gross don't call me edible it's weird. Surely being bilingual in not only English but also in French the most romantic language on this planet, you should be able to think of a better word than bloody edible."

Laughing Blaise links his arm through mine as we walk towards the hall together, I had begged Blaise to arrive late with me so I didn't have to watch Cedric and Cho open the ball together. Blaise agreed reassuring me that he would have arrived late anyway as it's unfashionable to do anything else.

We walk in silence towards the hall allowing the music to drag us forward, I catch my reflection in a window and have to look away as I don't recognise the person staring back at me.

My usual scruffy hair is sleek yet full of volume in all the right places, on my head is a heavy golden tiara that Blaise had forced onto me saying that it was sent by Mrs Zabini herself. To match it is a thick golden necklace around my neck that was also a gift from Mrs Zabini, the dress from Cedric seems to fit me perfectly and hugs my body like a tailored glove. I borrowed a pair of high heels from a fifth year girl who helped me with a charm which makes it easier to walk in them.

If ten year old me could see me now they would have thought I'd married into royalty, the clothes and jewellery on my body costs more than the Dursley's entire street of houses put together.

Blaise and I walk down the large staircase slowly as the great hall appears just in front of us. I squeeze my hand around Blaise's arm tightly, he shoots me a quick wink as we walk into the entrance together.

The hall has been transformed from its usual warmth into an iced wonderland, snow falls from the enchanted ceiling and light blue drapes hang from the walls. Large icicles hang down from the ceiling with large Christmas trees stood besides them. The crowd is parted around the outside of the hall as a troop of elegant ballerinas dance in the middle, their blue tutus rusting occasionally to the classical music playing. 

Gasps sound as the ballerinas move with ethereal grace and beauty, petals fall around them magically as they lift their feet and move in harmony.

"Come on I can see Malfoy at the front" Blaise says as he holds his head high.

"No wait Blaise, we can't just push through the crowd."

Blaise ignores my plea however and walks with purpose and importance as the crowd of students part around us, whispers sound as people spot us moving through. I see Blaise looking towards our left with a smirk on his face and I follow his gaze to see a fifth year Gryffindor watching Blaise with narrowed eyes.