11. No one rescues me

"Hey little Angel" the woman above me reaches her arms out to me and holds me tight against her warm chest. I look at the woman's face and immediately recognise her as my mother, her soft brown eyes look into mine and she smiles. Her smile is full of so much love, warmth and kindness it makes my eyes water.

She runs a finger over my smooth check and softly presses her lips against my forehead "you're okay my angel I'm here now. He won't hurt you I promise you that" I reach a hand out trying to tough my mothers face but I can't seem to get my body to move. Instead I lay there looking up at my mothers kind face as she whispers words of reassurance and love to me, soon we are interrupted and a door bangs shut in the distance.

My mother's eyes widen and she looks away from me with fear written on her face "he is here" she whispers and lays me back into my bassinet. Her fingers linger at a small pendant that is around my neck and she says a few words under her breath that I can't hear. The door to the room we are in slams open and my mother begins to scream as I scream with her.

I screw my eyes shut wanting the nightmare to end and as I open them I realise it has. Around me instead of a bassinet is a dark hospital room with machines beeping. I look down at my right arm and see an IV drip attached to me and then look to my left arm to see it covered in a thick cast. The bed to my right is occupied with an old man who is sleeping and the room is darkness indicating that it is nighttime. Too scared to close my eyes in case of being thrown back into my nightmare I instead reach out for the call button that will hopefully send a nurse to me.

Five minutes pass and finally a middle aged man in scrubs comes into the room smiling at me "Ah I see you're finally awake" he says to me passing me a cup of water that I take gratefully gulping it down.

"Where am I?" I croak at the nurse who is smiling at me as I drink my water.

"East Surrey hospital" he says to me as he begins to look at the machines next to my bed "you broke your arm and bruised one of your ribs last night. Think your aunt said you slipped on trifle?"
He looks at me with an amused look "you're in overnight because you passed out. You'll be fine though don't worry and tomorrow you can go home with your aunt and uncle." With that the nurse walks out of the room leaving me laying next to the sleeping old man.

————————-

The next day I sit up in bed painfully tired due to the fact that after the nurse left my room I didn't sleep for one minute. I just sat staring at the wall in front of me as the sun rose slowly and time ticked by slowly. I needed to get to Harry and ask him what happened with Dobby and what the letter from the owl said. Finally in the afternoon after I had refused to eat the disgusting hospital food in front of me my aunt and uncle finally arrived to pick me up. I silently changed back into my clothes from the night before and waved goodbye at the hospital staff who cared for me.

My aunt and uncle hasn't said a word to me yet and as we sat in the car driving back to number four privet drive I could feel the tension in the air. I finally clear my throat "thank you for taking me to the hospital and for picking me up."

My aunt ignores me and continues to stare out of the passenger window of the car her mouth formed into a permanent grimace. My uncle grunts at me under his breath but also ignores me for the most part, I roll my eyes and sink back into the car seat excited to see my twin brother.

As we pull into Privet Drive my eyes drift over to our house and I let out an audible gasp as my eyes land on the window of mine and Harry's bedroom. A very large chunk of the wall above and beneath the window has been pulled out "what happened?" I explain to my aunt and uncle wondering how they failed to mention this through out our awful car journey.