Chapter 9- Vengeful Killings Pt. 4

(No One's P.O.V.)

In Ozpin's office, Gyoe and Glynda are still standing in front of Ozpin's desk while Ozpin himself is sitting at it, looking at a monitor. 

Ozpin: The time is getting closer and closer. We shall soon get all of our questions answered. 

Glynda: Except for maybe this one. If he does show up, how exactly do we stop a vengeful spirit? You know, if they're attacking a student? 

Ozpin: That is a good question. One that I hope has a very simple answer. Hopefully, at the sight of Gyoe, Caleb's spirit will become less violent and angry. Might make some memories come back from when he was alive. Make him more open to talking about what transpired in the whole situation. We'd be able to finally get to the bottom of this.

Glynda: What if it doesn't go down like that? What do we do if his spirit doesn't react to Gyoe at all? 

Ozpin: We simply hope that he disappears at the sight of us. 

Glynda: That's a pretty big hope. 

Ozpin: One of few we have with the two outcomes there are. Not much else to do besides hope. 

Glynda: Guess you have a point. 

Gyoe: So it's pretty much all up to me? That's a lot of pressure. I mean, to know if I can't get through to his spirit he'll be lost forever. I couldn't imagine that. 

Ozpin: I know, Gyoe. And I'm sorry it has to be like this. But when it comes to a vengeful spirit there aren't many options to begin with. 

Gyoe: It's fine, Oz. I just want my nephew back. This whole situation is making me so nervous. I don't know what I'd do if this doesn't work out. 

Glynda: Nothing has ever stopped you from doing anything before. If anyone can reach him you can. This is your nephew we're talking about. You have to stay strong and believe that you can do this. 

Ozpin: You still have some time to prepare yourself for this. Don't have to feel rushed or pressured. 

Gyoe nods. 

The scene switches to Jaune. He's standing on the roof of the dorm building. Lost in thought, thinking about the events that brought him and his team to this moment. Beginning with the one that started it all. The downward spiral to what he thinks is the inevitable end of their Huntsmen and Huntress careers. And why wouldn't they? They took part in the murder of a fellow Huntsman. Once it gets found who knows what'll happen to them. Expelled. Arrested. Maybe even prison for life. 

Pyrrha: Jaune, are you... okay...? 

She slowly stops her sentence upon seeing the state of Jaune. His head hung, looking down at the roof. 

Jaune: Not really. 

Pyrrha comes walking up beside Jaune, looking him up and down, studying his body language. 

Pyrrha: Would you like to talk about it? 

Jaune: It's just... just I've been thinking a lot lately. More so since the assembly. We're all here because we showed some sort of potential. Because we could become the good guys that protect the people who can't protect themselves. And then I think about what we did. Caleb was just like us. He wanted to become the good guy, give his sister a good role model. Now his sister is going to go countless years full of sadness. 

Pyrrha doesn't respond with anything. She just stares at Jaune, seemingly thinking about what he's saying. 

Jaune: I mean, you alone, were one of the best people in the world. Always keeping those positive vibes you had. Fighting to get to a position where you can show others that they can rise up and be strong while also protecting them. Then you betrayed all of your ideals. To be fair we all did. Everyone wanted to be a hero. But instead, we turned into the villains.