Chapter 13- Vendetta Pt. 4

(Caleb's P.O.V.)

I look back up at Weiss, seeing her in the same state. She hasn't moved at all. Hasn't even glanced my way at all since I told her. 

Caleb: Yeah. I knew you'd probably hate me. But I figured I had to tell you.

I go to walk away but feel her grab my arm. I look back at her to see she's moved closer, and she slightly looks at me. 

Weiss: Don't. 

I turn back and stand next to her. 

Weiss: I don't hate you. 

Caleb: You don't? 

Weiss: No. I know everything is telling me to hate you, but I just can't. Because I know you must have a pretty good reason to be doing this. And I need to know what that reason is. If it involves my family. 

Caleb: It does. 

Weiss: How? 

Caleb: How much time do you have? 

Weiss: Enough. 

Caleb: Come with me. 

She looks at me. 

Weiss: Where? 

Caleb: My penthouse. I have everything there. The proof of what your father did to my family. 

Weiss: Okay.

Jumping to Weiss and I walking into my bedroom. 

I walk over to the wall, on the far side of my bed, placing my hand on the wall. The wall glows around my hand, and a passage opens up to the left of where my hand is. 

The panel opens to reveal a set of stairs that goes down. I look back at Weiss to see her shocked a little. 

Caleb: Down here. 

I lead down the stairs and we come into a big room. It consists of a weapons rack that has a various assortment of guns and knives on it on the far side of the room, some training dummies and targets hanging on the wall, and there's a table in the center of the room with a file at the head of it. 

I look to Weiss, seeing something catch her eye as she goes walking over to the other side of the room. I follow her, coming up to the thing she was looking at. 

Two mannequin stands. One I haven't opened in a while, and one I've used a lot recently. 

One mannequin stand has my Dark Warrior suit on it. And the other mannequin stand has the Red Hood suit on it. 

Weiss is staring at the Red Hood with wide eyes. A shocked expression on her face.

Weiss: You... You were... him...? 

Caleb: I was. 

Weiss: I tried to get you arrested. You were helping to keep the people of Vale safe.

Caleb: I was. 

Weiss: What changed? What made you become that? 

She gestures toward the Dark Warrior suit. 

Caleb: I didn't lose hope in what I was doing. It was just overtaken. And I guess you could say it was by vengeance.

Weiss: What do you mean? 

I lead her over to the file on the table. 

Caleb: Go ahead. Look at it. 

She leans over and opens the file, immediately coming to a document that incriminates her father. A document that connects Jacques' phone calls and messages to a number that belongs to an unknown group of people. Who I'm assuming are the mercenaries that killed my dad and are responsible for my sister being in a coma. If I knew where they were they'd be dead. If only.