Chapter 39 - Not So Loony Pt. 3

Now inside of Hogwarts' infirmary, Caleb is laying unconscious on a bed. Luna is sitting directly at bedside while Harry, Ron, and Hermione are standing around Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Snape. 

Dumbledore: Don't worry. He is still alive. It just came very close. Way closer than the last one. With hope, he'll be awake in time for the dance. 

Luna nods furiously. 

Dumbledore: Now we'll be leaving you all with him. I'm sure you'd like some time alone. 

Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Snape go walking toward the exit. 

Hermione: Oh, thank everything he's still alive. I don't know what we would've done without him. 

Ron: That's the second time he's given us a scare like this. 

Harry: Yeah, well, let's just hope there isn't a third.

Hermione glances over at Luna. 

Hermione: Guys, maybe we should leave. Give her some time with him. 

Harry and Ron both glance at her, nodding. The three of them then go walking toward the exit. 

Luna: I'm so very sorry. I shouldn't have ghosted you like I did. I should've told you about what was going on. After all, you're the only one who has been nice to me, and I turned my back on you. And when I saw you laying on the ground... I immediately regret doing that to you. I realized that, if I lost you, I would've lived the rest of my life with a broken heart. Not something I want to do. Because... because... I love you. I was so stupid for letting you walk away in that forest. 

Tears start forming in her eyes. 

Luna: That could've been my last opportunity. And I just let it walk away with you. But I can't wait for you to wake up. I won't let the chance pass me by again. I'll tell you. Nothing will cause me to leave your side until I do. 

Later that night, Luna is passed out on the chair and Caleb starts stirring right before his eyes flutter open. He closes his eyes again and slowly opens them again to let them adjust to the light. 

After enough time, he starts looking around, seeing that he's in the infirmary at Hogwarts before noticing Luna in the chair. He pushes himself up into a sitting position, wincing in pain as he holds his stomach. 

He looks back at Luna, smiling before twirling a trail of fire between his fingers. 

After a few minutes, Luna starts stirring and opens her eyes to see Caleb sitting up, immediately scooting closer to him. 

Luna: Caleb! You're awake! How are you feeling? 

Caleb: Well... I feel pain all over. Doing this was my way to try to get my mind off of it. 

Luna nods before a silence befalls them for a few seconds, only interrupted when she apologizes. 

Luna: I'm sorry. I should've went to about it. Those other girls told me things... and I knew they weren't true, but my insecurities were getting the better of me. I... I...

Caleb: Hey, don't worry about it. We all have our things we go through. But just for the future, keep in mind that I'll always be there for you. Whenever you need help or to talk. 

Luna: I will... And... about that thing you told me in the forest...

Caleb: Oh, yeah... that... What is it? 

Luna: I love you, too. 

Caleb: Does that mean you'll go to the dance with me? 

Luna: Of course. 

Later that week, Caleb is standing outside the ballroom wearing a tux. He smiles upon seeing Luna walking toward wearing a yellow dress. 

Caleb: You look beautiful. 

Luna: Thank you. You look exceptional yourself. 

He extends his hand out to her. 

Caleb: Shall we? 

Luna smiles before taking his hand. 

Luna: We shall. 

They then go walking into the ballroom together. 

Now out in the forbidden forest underneath the moon, a guy in a black cloak is standing and staring right up at Hogwarts. He smiles. 

Cuts To Black. 

To Be Continued... Soon...

???: The time has come.