Chapter 2- A Cheating Cat Pt. 2

(Ruby's P.O.V.)

I'm standing on the roof of the dorm building, clutching the arrow Caleb gave to me, looking out toward Vale. Normally whenever I'm thinking about Vale I'm thinking about going to a bakery to get cookies. But now I have something I find more important. Caleb. Wondering how he is and where he lives right now. I know what he's doing. He saved me from those guys, so I can only imagine he's continuing to help people like that. Fighting for them. 

There's a part of me that wants to message him now. It felt great to see him after so long. I just want to re-establish that connection with him. I know he still considers me a friend, but even the best of friends need to reconnect and get to know each other sometimes. Or at least catch up and get reacquainted with each other's lives. I don't think he'd mind if I message him to to meet right now. I know he'd understand. Maybe I should. And maybe when we meet up again I should tell him how I truly feel about him. 

I get interrupted from my thoughts when I hear the roof door open being followed by footsteps coming toward me. I turn around and see Yang. 

Yang: Hey, sis. You doing okay up here? 

Ruby: Yeah. 

Yang then glances down at the arrow in my hands. 

Yang: How was it like seeing him again? 

Ruby: It was great. So great I can't stop thinking about it. 

Yang: I wish I could've been there, too. What is doing? 

Ruby: From what happened to me, he's being a hero. 

Yang: What happened to you? 

Ruby: Oh, these guys were being creeps. But Caleb put them all in their place. 

Yang: He still continues to look after you. Knew there was something I liked about him. 

She smiles after saying that. 

Ruby: We hugged after and I didn't want to let him go. It reminded me of that he took me out for cookies. It was back when Blake was starting to give him excuses for not going out with him. He needed something to do that day. And afterward, we were standing outside together. I knew at that point that he was still with Blake, but I really wanted to tell him... to tell him...

Yang: How you really feel about him? 

Ruby: Huh?

Yang: I'm your big sister, Ruby. I'm supposed to be able to spot when you like a guy. So I can either tease you about it, or help you. 

Ruby: I really wish I told him first. I really wish I didn't let Blake get to him first. He never would've left, and I never would've done that to him. 

Yang: I know you wouldn't have, sis. We both know there's no chance he takes Blake back. That means you have a clear path to tell him how you feel. 

Ruby: You really think he likes me back? 

Yang: I think there's a big chance that he might. We'll never know until we find him again. 

I smile slightly and nod. 

Ruby: Can I ask you a question?

Yang: Sure. 

Ruby: Do you hate Blake for what she did? 

Yang: Do you? 

Ruby: I want to. I really want to hate her. But I don't think I'm capable of hate. Not even for what she did. 

Yang: I feel like I'm the same way. I don't hate Blake either. I just feel more disappointed and mad at her. 

I then clutch the arrow tighter.