Chapter 25- Pale Black Virus Pt. 1

(No One's P.O.V.)

The scene opens to the City of Vale. But it looks different. Abandoned. Grass and flowers sticking out from the cracks in the pavement of the roads. Vines on the sides of buildings. Buildings deteriorating, fallen apart, windows shattered, empty shelves, and shattered cabinets all over the floors. The cars on the roads look rusted and old. Some cars are parked on the side of the street, there are a few crashed into sides of buildings, and there are a few veered off onto the grass.

It then cuts to a guy walking down the street. A bow in hand, a quiver full of arrows on his back, a dagger strapped to the left side of his waist, and he's holding a backpack in his other hand. 

He looks into every store he passes, trying to find any sort of supplies. He's already searched through some stores back down the street and found a decent amount of supplies. The stores weren't that bad in terms of deterioration. Weren't many infected either. At least so far. He still has to be careful, though. The infected could be hiding anywhere. 

The guy comes walking up to a store named "Metro Goods", but some of the letters are faded. The guy cautiously starts walking up to it, putting his bow on his back and pulling out his dagger. 

He enters the store, immediately spotting some canned goods on the almost empty shelves. Going over to a shelf, putting the cans in his bag, and just when he gets done he hears a noise deeper in the store. Gripping his knife again and lifting it up, preparing to strike with it as he slowly walks deeper into the store. 

The backroom door comes into view as he hears what sounds like something chewing on something. Walking around the counter and back toward the door, gritting his teeth as he reaches out to the door handle and grabs it. He exhales, slowly opening the door, revealing the sight of a person with pale skin chewing on something they must've torn off of the half-eaten corpse that's on the floor right by it. 

The guy slowly starts walking toward it, and it turns around to reveal its pale face and pure black eyes, growling at him as it bares its razor-sharp teeth, holding a chunk of flesh with blood surrounding its mouth. It charges at him and he quickly reacts by putting his forearm out in front of him, blocking its initial charge, and spinning it to pin the former human against the wall. The guy then plunges his dagger into its head, pulling it out, allowing its body to drop to the floor. He then turns to the corpse, going over to it and crouching next to it. 

???: Sorry this happened to you. 

The guy then looks over to see a shotgun leaning against the wall by the corpse's feet. 

???: Couldn't get to it in time, huh?

He then looks back down at the corpse. 

???: Guess you weren't expecting it. 

The guy stands back up. He takes one last look around at the infected and the corpse before sheathing his dagger, grabbing the shotgun, and leaving. 

The scene then cuts to team RWBY. Well, just Weiss, Blake, and Yang. They come running up to a bullhead when Yang looks back at where they came from. She goes to run back when Blake stops her. 

Blake: No. You can't. 

Yang: Why not? Ruby's still back there! I gotta go get her! 

Weiss: I'm sorry, Yang. I hate to say it but that's impossible right now. That fight with those bandits brought so many infected down on us! We'll go back and regroup at Beacon. Come back for Ruby later. 

Yang: I can't leave my little sister out here all alone! 

Weiss: I don't like it any more than you do! But those infected outnumber us by a longshot. We shouldn't take that fight! Ruby's going to have to make do by herself for a little while.