Chapter 10- Vengeful Killings Pt. 5

(No One's P.O.V.) 

Everyone's still where they were in the infirmary. 

Caleb's gaze travels across everyone in the room, eventually resting on Gyoe, who's just staring at him with tears coming to his eyes. 

Gyoe: Caleb... I... I don't know what to say. 

Caleb: Uncle. I do admit it's good to see you again. Seeing such a friendly face in what was a hostile environment feels very nice. Refreshing. 

Gyoe: What happened to you? How did you become like this? 

Caleb: It's good that you asked. But I'll give these cowards one last opportunity to say it themselves. So they can at least save themselves the embarrassment of leaving it to me to put on display their vile actions. 

Caleb looks around as the members of the three teams stay silent, trying their best not to look Caleb in the eye. 

Ozpin: Well, I'm disappointed to say the least right now. How is it that none of you can speak up for yourselves? We all already know you're responsible for Caleb's death in some way. Not like it's much of a secret anymore. 

Caleb: You're going to be a lot more than disappointed, Oz. They deserve the same as I have done to CRDL. 

Ozpin: I know what you are and how you work. But can you now explain what it is exactly that they've done? 

Caleb: They tortured me. Brought me to the forest and dragged me into the middle of a circle that consisted of them. All of them. Taking turns hitting me with attacks, whether it be their weapon or fist. In the end I was beaten to death. Punches and kicks coming from every angle, and I felt my breathe slowly leaving my body. I felt as my abilities to move my body slowly disappeared, rendering me more and more vulnerable. I felt the life slowly leaving my body, and I didn't want to die, but I couldn't fight back. I wanted to yell out for help but knew nobody would hear me. 

Tears start coming to Caleb's eyes. 

Caleb: They don't deserve life when they have brought death. They deserve to feel what I felt. They took everything from me. And they deserve to have everything taken from them. 

Horror on the face of Glynda. Gyoe and Ozpin are absolutely pissed. 

Ozpin: I can't believe that Huntsmen and Huntresses of my academy could be capable of something like this! Of such a vile and disgusting act. You're all supposed to be the defenders of peace! The protectors of humanity! You aren't supposed to take human lives! 

Gyoe: What did he ever do to you all?! 

Gyoe's yell causes everyone in the three teams to flinch. 

Gyoe: How did the idea of murdering my nephew cross your minds?! Are you just that vile?! Are you just that despicable?! None of you deserve the title of Huntsman or Huntress! 

Glynda: I could never imagine that this was possible. I don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said. 

Ozpin: This will definitely lead to some major consequences. And those consequences will definitely equal the crime that was committed. 

Caleb: The only consequence that equals murder is death. 

Ozpin: No. I will not allow you to murder anymore of my students. 

Caleb: You wouldn't be able to stop me. 

Gyoe: He wouldn't. I wouldn't. We know that. But please just give us a chance to punish them on our own terms. I know what they did to was evil. Vile. And I can understand why you would want to kill them. I have half the mind to let you. But you can't allow yourself to walk down that path. I can't allow you to. You may be a vengeful spirit, but you're still my nephew. And I don't want to see this overtake you. I don't want to lose you again.