Chapter 8- Vengeful Killings Pt. 3

(Ruby's P.O.V.)

My team and I are back in our dorm room. 

I'm sitting up on my bed while the others are sitting on the beds below. 

Yang: Caleb's uncle is here. 

Weiss: Team CRDL's dead, and that's what you care about? 

Blake: Don't tell me you actually care about them. 

Weiss: Of course I don't care about them. I care about how they died. 

Blake: She does have a point, Yang. Four so-called huntsmen were killed in their own dorm room. And it seems like they haven't caught whoever did this. This is a serious problem. 

Yang: And Caleb's uncle being here isn't serious? Blake, I agree with you. But Caleb's uncle must know that Caleb's dead. This means he's going to be investigating who did it. And if he does... there's no way we're not screwed. 

Blake: That is very true. 

Weiss: I mean, it doesn't really have to be. They could've just assumed Team CRDL were the only ones. It's not necessarily going to come back on us.

Yang: That would be nice. But I don't think we can just assume that, Weiss. We can't assume anything when we're in the position we're in. We can just act normal for as long as we can. 

Blake: That's not entirely wrong. 

Ruby: Yang, can I talk to you alone? 

I look down at Yang and she looks back at me before looking back at Blake and Weiss. 

Yang: Do you mind? 

Weiss: Not at all. Blake and I will just go to the library or something. 

Yang: Okay. 

Weiss and Blake get up and exit the room. Yang gets up and goes over to the door, opening it and looking out the hallway, before retracting back into the room and closing the door. She turns back around and looks at me. 

Yang: Okay, Ruby. They're gone. 

I drop down from my bed and sit on Weiss' bed as Yang sits on Blake's bed. 

Yang: What did you want to talk about? 

Ruby: It's about my dream from last night. 

(No One's P.O.V.)

Coco and Velvet are in a clothes store. Coco is rifling through a clothes rack, carefully checking out each pair of pants. 

Coco: Why does finding a good pair of pants have to be so hard? Why can't they just all match my style? 

Velvet doesn't respond to her. She just keeps slowly scanning the shirts on the rack next to the one Coco's going through. 

Coco glances over at her.

Coco: Weird. Normally you have something to say back to that. 

Velvet doesn't respond again, just continues looking through the shirts. 

Coco: Let me ask you something, Vel. And I promise I won't get mad at your answer. Do you really regret what we did to Caleb? 

Velvet turns away from Coco. 

Coco: Hey, Vel. You don't have to be afraid of answering. I'm not asking so I can ridicule you and your answer. I'm asking for your genuine answer. 

Velvet slightly looks back at Coco, nodding. 

Velvet: I do regret it. 

Coco: You mind if I ask why? 

Velvet: Seeing Caleb's uncle up on the stage with Ozpin. Thinking about how much it must've hurt him finding out Caleb died. It never crossed my mind until then. And when it did, I just couldn't take it anymore. I mean, I was wondering why we even did it. What he did to deserve it. Then I found it out. He didn't deserve it. There wasn't anything he did to us to justify us doing that to him.