Chapter 28- A Cheating Cat Pt. 6

(No One's P.O.V.)

Caleb and Ruby are sitting at a table outside of a coffee shop, each with a cup of coffee in hand. Ruby is just staring at Caleb with a smile on her face. 

Caleb: What is it? 

Ruby: Oh, nothing. It's just nice having you back at Beacon. And being your girlfriend. 

Caleb: Well, in the short few days that you have been my girlfriend, it's been nice. And it's really making my time back at Beacon pretty enjoyable. 

Ruby: You know, I always wondered what it would've been like if I was the one who told you my feelings first. 

Caleb: What do you mean? 

Ruby: I liked you before Blake confessed her feelings to you. Never said or did anything because I respected her too much. Kept quiet about it until she... until she did what she did. 

Caleb sighs. 

Caleb: You can say it. Blake did cheat on me, and it was terrible. But I moved on from it, put it in my past. Forgave her. Nothing but the future now. That means you. 

Ruby blushes before taking a sip of her coffee. 

Ruby: Speaking of the future. Yang says she wants a rematch. 

Caleb: Does she? Guess I'd be up for winning again. 

Ruby: I don't know. She kind of knows some of your abilities now. Might surprise you. 

Caleb: She might. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

Ruby: Can't wait. 

Caleb: I think we should get to the one thing you've been waiting for. You ready to get cookies now? 

Ruby: Yes! Let's go! 

Ruby jumps out of her seat, grabbing and pulling Caleb off with her.

The scene then cuts to Caleb and Ruby walking into a bakery. 

Caleb: Get what you want. I'll pay for it. 

Ruby: Yes! So awesome!

Ruby immediately goes rushing over to the cookies. Caleb takes a look around before following Ruby. 

Ruby is excitedly stacking boxes of cookies in her hands, getting to five when Caleb comes walking over. 

Caleb: A little overboard, don't you think? 

Ruby: I don't want to hear anything. You're the one that said get what you want. 

Caleb: You got a point. 

Ruby stacks a sixth box of cookies on her pile. 

Ruby: Okay. There we go. I got enough for a couple of days. 

Caleb: A couple of days? Those could easily last for at least half a week. 

Ruby: Not on my watch. 

Ruby then goes walking off toward the cashier. Caleb sighs before following her. 

Ruby puts the boxes of cookies on the counter, causing the cashier to just at them in bewilderment. 

Caleb comes walking over. 

Caleb: It'll be these six boxes of cookies. 

Cashier: Is this all going to be for your girlfriend? 

Caleb: Yeah. She'd rip me apart if I touched her cookies. 

Cashier: I see. Well, that would be eighteen lien.