Chapter 17- Seekers Pt. 2

(No One's P.O.V.)

Dark Warrior is sitting at the table in the interrogation room of the Police Precinct, handcuffed to the bar that's attached to the table. He hears voices from outside the room. Sounds like Mr. Pines and Ashley. 

Outside the room, Mr. Pines and Ashley come walking up to the door of the room. 

Ashley: Dad, you're not listening to me! 

Mr. Pines: I'm listening pretty well. I just don't get why you want me to release him. 

Ashley: Because he saved my life! 

Mr. Pines: And you think that justifies everything else he's done? 

Ashley: I've never thought he's done anything bad! 

Mr. Pines: Oh, that's right. My daughter's absolutely insane. 

Ashley: Insane? 

Mr. Pines: Yes! 

Mr. Pines turns around and looks at Miles, who's going through some papers at his desk. 

Mr. Pines: Miles! 

Miles stops and looks at Mr. Pines as he comes walking over. 

Mr. Pines: Could you please drive my daughter home? 

Ashley: Dad! 

Mr. Pines: You've had a long day. Just go home. 

He looks back at Miles. 

Mr. Pines: Make sure she gets there safe. 

Miles: Will do. Come on.  

Ashley gives her dad an angry look before turning around and walking off with Miles. 

Mr. Pines sighs before walking into the interrogation room. 

Dark Warrior glances in his direction before looking back down to the table. 

Mr. Pines: Can't tell you how long I've been waiting for this moment. Seeing you cuffed here and not out there anymore. 

Dark Warrior: You have no idea what you're doing. 

Mr. Pines: I'm pretty sure I do. Taking a criminal off the streets is kind of my job. 

Dark Warrior: Then why did you let the actual one run off? 

Mr. Pines: We didn't see anyone else while we were there. Besides, I was too busy worrying about my daughter. 

Dark Warrior: I saved your daughter. 

Mr. Pines: But that wasn't the only reason you were there, was it? You were also after who you claim was there. 

Dark Warrior: I was, you're right. The person that had your daughter captive is very dangerous, and I've been after them for a while. But when I saw that your daughter was kidnapped by that group, I made a decision. I decided to track them down and get her back. She was the top priority in that situation. Not who was there. 

Mr. Pines: You expect me to believe that? 

Dark Warrior: I want you to. I care about people. That's why I became who I am. To fight for and protect this city and the people in it. Everybody, even though you don't know them, has a life of their own. Friends and family who care about them. I knew she was your daughter, and I know she means a lot to you, so I went there to save her for you. 

Mr. Pines doesn't respond, just stares at it while thinking about every word that comes out of the Dark Warrior's mouth. 

Dark Warrior: If it came to it, I would've died in there to keep her safe. And I feel the same way about the entire city. That's why I need to be out there to stop him.