Chapter 32 - Vendetta Pt. 7

(No One's P.O.V.)

Winter is looking around for a few seconds before looking back at Weiss. 

Winter: Why am I at the Sieks penthouse? 

Weiss: Something happened. What do you remember? 

Winter starts thinking back to last night, trying to think about what happened. The street lights shining down on an otherwise dark street. An SDC shipment truck coming into view, followed by a figure and a fight commencing with that figure after a short conversation. 

Winter: Last night... I got into a fight with someone. I remember they were trying to blow up the SDC dust shipment. 

That's when she's hit with the realization. 

Winter: It was the Dark Warrior. He was the one I was fighting. I have to go find him. 

Winter goes to get up but Weiss puts her hand on her shoulder. 

Weiss: You shouldn't be going anywhere. 

Weiss looks down at her bandage and Winter soon follows.

Winter: I was shot...? 

That's when she winces in pain. 

Weiss: You should take it easy, Winter. Stay in bed for a little while longer, at least. 

Winter: Then who will stop Dark Warrior? 

Weiss: That's the thing... GUYS! 

Winter: Who did you just call for? 

A few seconds later, Caleb and Gyoe come walking in, and Caleb's still in his Dark Warrior suit. Winter's gaze singles out Caleb. 

Winter: YOU! 

She goes to get up but pain shoots through her leg, causing her to wince in pain and sit back down. 

Weiss: Calm down, Winter. Please. 

Winter: Why should I? 

Weiss: Because he's the one who saved you. 

Winter: What do you mean? 

Caleb: You and I got into a fight after you stopped me from blowing up that truck. I got the better of you and knocked you unconscious. And when a group of people showed and shooting at us, I'm the one that pulled behind cover, but not before you got shot. 

Winter: Why would you do that? 

Caleb: Because... I know how much Weiss cares about you. There was no way I was going to leave out there exposed. 

Weiss: He's not a bad guy, Winter. 

Winter: Not a bad guy? Have you seen what he did to our company? 

Weiss: For good reason. 

Winter: What do you mean? 

Weiss: Father had something to do with what happened to Caleb's family. 

Winter: That is a very serious accusation, Weiss. Even for our father. I assume you have proof? 

Weiss: We did. Ozpin now has it. 

Winter: I suppose I'm going to have to talk about it with him. 

Weiss: And that's not all father has done. 

Winter: What else? 

Weiss: He put a bounty of ten million lien on the Dark Warrior. 

Winter: Does sound like father. And you're worried because Caleb Sieks is the Dark Warrior?