Chapter 43 - Smitten Pt. 1

(No One's P.O.V.)

The scene opens up to Glynda Goodwitchs combat class. Caleb Sieks is flipping around Mark Wiles, deflecting each other's attacks until their weapons clash when he lands on the side of him, prompting the collision to send them both skidding backwards across the floor. 

Mark: How do you feel about my challenge now? 

Caleb: Really glad I accepted it. This is a fun fight.

Caleb prepares his staff and goes running toward Mark, prompting him to ready his sword, going to swing when he gets close. But he quickly spins his staff to deflect the sword off to the side before turning and bringing it back around, striking him in the stomach with it. Spinning it back around to strike him in the back, swiping his legs out with it when he moves forward before spinning it back around to strike him in the back again to the floor. 

Mark rolls around onto his back as Caleb points the end of his staff down at him. Looking up at him. 

Mark: I don't know how you do it. 

Caleb: I don't know why you insist on it. 

Velvet Scarlatina is staring at Caleb, being careful to make sure none of her fellow classmates actually notice. 

Glynda steps forward onto the stage. 

Glynda: And that's the match. A much closer one than the last time the two of them sparred. But like all the others, Caleb has come out victorious. 

She taps a few things on her tablet before addressing the rest of the class. 

Glynda: I hope you all learned something by watching this. And I do hope that you don't allow the dance coming up to interfere with your studies. Your work will prove to be much more important in the long term. Class dismissed. 

Now Coco and Velvet are in their dorm room. Lowering her sunglasses while looking at the bunny Faunus, who is sitting on a bed. 

Coco: Don't think I didn't notice. 

Velvet: Notice what? 

Coco: Oh, come on. You were totally checking out Caleb during the sparring match. Not that I blame you for doing so. 

A massive blush forms on Velvets face. 

Velvet: I wasn't. I was just watching... the fight, and how he was moving... Not checking him out. 

Coco: Then you were watching him intently. And if you were just watching the fight, how come you weren't watching Mark as well? 

She watches as her gaze drops immediately to the floor.

Velvet: I just like watching Caleb's fighting style more. 

Coco smiles and lets out a little laugh. 

Coco: What about that dance coming up? Maybe you should ask him about it? 

Velvet: To go with me? I don't know... There's nothing telling me he'd say yes. I would be embarrassed. 

Coco: There's that negative thinking you listen to too much. 

She looks up at Coco. 

Coco: How many times has he saved you from Cardin? How many times does he offer you to sit with him at lunch? How many times have you made each other laugh? I'd say you stand a better chance than you think. 

Velvet: Or he could just be a really nice guy. 

Coco: Maybe. But there's only way to find out, isn't there? You have to go and ask your knight in shining armor.