Chapter 45 - Smitten Pt. 3

Coco and Velvet come walking into their dorm room. 

Coco: Hmm. Looks like Fox and Yatsu are out doing something. Guess that just means we can go out ourselves. 

Velvet: Why would we do that? 

Coco: To get you a dress for the dance. It's this weekend. You need to be prepared and ready. 

Velvet: Seems a bit rushed. 

Coco: Come on, Velvet. The guy you've been crushing on for so long just asked you to the dance. Don't you want to look good for him? 

Velvet: Of course. It's just... we've still got plenty of time for that. Don't have to necessarily do it today. 

Coco: Nonsense. There's plenty to pick out. Dress, earrings, bracelets, and maybe even a necklace. 

Velvet: Something tells me that Caleb won't care about all of that. 

Coco: I'm sure he doesn't. But it also doesn't hurt to look good. Flaunt a little bit, you know? 

Velvet: Well... okay...

Coco: Great! Then let's get to it.

They both go walking out of the room. 

Now with Caleb, he comes walking into the room, closing the door as Kelly looks up from her notebook. She sits up onto the edge of the bed as Caleb goes over to his. 

Kelly: Well... Did you ask her? 

Caleb: I did. 

Kelly: And...?

Caleb: She said yes. 

Kelly smiles. 

Kelly: Was that so hard? 

Caleb: Before I asked, yeah. During and after, not so much. 

Kelly: You going to get a tux? 

Caleb: Yeah... I should go do that. Just so I have it and don't end up procrastinating about it. 

Kelly: Might be a good idea. Do you want me to come with you? 

Caleb: You don't think I can't pick out my own tux? 

Kelly: I don't know. It's your first time doing it, isn't it? Might need a second pair of eyes. 

Caleb lets out a sigh. 

Caleb: Fine. Come on. 

Kelly closes her notebook and puts it down on her bed before following Caleb outside. 

They come walking down the hallway, when a guy comes walking up to them. 

???: Um, hey...

Kelly: Hey, Noah. What's up? 

Noah: Kelly... could I talk to you for a minute? You know, without your intimidating brother? 

Kelly looks at her brother. 

Caleb: All right. I'll be waiting outside. 

Caleb goes walking off down the hall as Kelly looks back at Noah. 

Kelly: What? 

Noah: I was just wondering... would you want to go to the dance with me? 

Kelly: Hmm... I don't know. You might have to ask my brother, too. 

He swallows hard. 

Noah: W-Well... I... 

Kelly: Relax, Noah. I'm joking. Just wanted to mess you. Yes, I'll go to the dance with you.