Chapter 36 - Unleashed Pt. 3

In the courtyard of Beacon Academy, Nova appears with Ruby and Weiss. Michael then appears beside them. 

Nova: Are you two okay?

Ruby: Yes! But the others! They're still out there! 

Nova: Don't worry. We'll go get them. You just stay here where it's safer. 

Nova and Michael then disappear again. 

Now back at the park, Yang, Blake, Pyrrha, Nora, and Ren come running in. 

They spot the guy in the black cloak just standing there with his back turned to them. The bodies of the others are around him. 

Nora: Um... Okay. This isn't what I was expecting to see. 

Blake: I don't think any of us were. 

The guy turns around to look at them with his red glowing eyes. 

???: Oh. Hey. Didn't notice you standing there. 

Pyrrha: Who are you? 

???: Sad to hear. People have forgotten about me. But... I'll make sure that never happens again. 

He smiles as the glow of his eyes intensifies. 

That's when Michael and Nova appear. 

Michael: Lucifer! 

Lucifer scoffs and rolls his eyes. 

Lucifer: Brothers, must we do this? Haven't we already fought enough? 

Nova: You shouldn't be walking the face of Remnant. 

Lucifer: And so what if I do? It's been so long since I saw anything. What would be the harm?

Nova: Michael, get them out of here. 

Michael: But what about you? I can't leave you alone with him.

Lucifer puts his hand up to his chest and looks at Michael. 

Lucifer: I'm hurt. 

Nova: Just go, Michael. They're the priority right now. 

Michael: Fine. But I better see you back there. 

Michael snaps and he disappears along with Pyrrha, Nora, and Ren. 

Nova: Lucifer, you shouldn't be walking the face of Remnant. That cage never should've been opened. 

Lucifer: Oh, come on. Why is it such a bad thing. Have you ever thought that maybe I just wanted to walk around and look at the new things? I mean, I can already tell that a lot has changed since I was locked up. No hard feelings, by the way... about that. I know you were just blinded by dad and following his orders. 

Nova: I can't believe that's the narrative you're still going with. 

Lucifer: What is that supposed to mean? 

Nova: Come on, Lucy. All you could go on about was how people were flawed and didn't deserve our attention. You twisted peoples minds into thinking and doing the most disturbing and evil actions. There was no other choice to but to you in that cage. 

Lucifer scoffs and rolls her eyes. 

Lucifer: I thought that you'd have some more sense than that. Humans didn't need me to act evil. I was locked in a cage. My magic and powers... were nulled. And what happened? I mean, this vessel alone has committed some vial acts. Granted, in my name, but I didn't have anything directly to do with them. 

Nova: There's not just you. What about the demons? 

Lucifer lets out a scoff again, waving his hand out in front of himself.