Chapter 37 - Not So Loony Pt. 1

(Caleb's P.O.V.)

Hogwarts. The school is full of opportunities for witches and wizards. There's always so much to do during the school year, some people might find it overwhelming. At least if they're by themselves, or just an introvert. 

Luckily for me, I've found quite a few friends. Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, and Luna Lovegood. They've been there for me throughout my entire time here at Hogwarts. And I've been there for them, too. When I found out Luna was being bullied because she was considered different, I immediately stuck up for her. I confronted her bullies and did the best I could to get them off of Luna's back. It wasn't until recently the bullies actually stopped and distanced themselves from Luna. 

And that recent event also changed everybody else's opinion of me. Made me quite a bit more popular. The Slytherins were even giving me more respect. I didn't want any of the respect or popularity I was given. I was pretty content with my life before my display my power. That's not what I call it. Others call it that even though I don't acknowledge it as that. 

But all of that has led up to another thing. Something that could be very stressful. Well, not the actual event is stressful, just the time before. What is it? The Valentine's Day Dance. It was announced a couple of days ago, after the whole "display of power" thing happened. It's in a few days. The stressful part about this is going to find a date. But that won't just be stressful for me, it'll also be stressful for my friends. And I don't want to go with just any girl. I want to go with a girl I really like. A girl that I could see myself being with for a long time after the dance, not just a one day thing. 

I come walking down into the Gryffindor Common Room, seeing Hermione and Ron sitting on the couch while Harry is sitting on the chair. While walking over to them I notice some of the Gryffindor girls eyeing me up and down. 

Hermione: Hey, Caleb. 

Caleb: Hey, guys. Whatcha up to? 

Hermione: Oh, you know, just trying to figure out what we're going to do for the dance. 

Ron: Yeah, it ain't exactly easy for all of us to find a date. 

Caleb: What is that supposed to mean? 

Harry: It means the majority of the girls in the school are smitten with you. Shouldn't be too hard for you to find a date. Not everybody has the power scale that you do. 

Caleb: I didn't think it was that impressionable. 

Hermione: Well, you definitely thought wrong. Pretty sure you could tell that when you came walking in here. 

Caleb: Just because they're smitten with me doesn't mean I'm going to ask them out. I'm still going to try to find the right girl to ask. 

Hermione: Not using your status to your advantage. That's honorable. 

Ron: Or just stupid. 

Hermione: Ron! 

Ron: What? I'm just saying that I would love to be in his position. Would make this all so much easier. 

Caleb: Oh, come on. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would go to the dance with all of you. I mean, Harry is the boy who lived. How is that not considered a display of power, too? 

Harry: I suppose it could be. But what you did just overshadowed it. 

Caleb: Sorry about that. 

Harry: It's okay. To be honest I don't see anybody else who could've done what you did. You deserve the fame you've been given. 

Caleb: Thanks. But I wish I didn't have it. 

Hermione: This conversation seems like it could go on forever. And we have breakfast in ten minutes.