Chapter 42 - Imposter Pt. 3

Now inside of the living room of Ashley's house, she comes walking in through the front door with a regretful look on her face as her father comes walking out of the kitchen.

Mr. Menning: Ash, what's wrong?

She walks over to the couch, plopping down on it as he comes walking over, sitting next to her.

Mr. Menning: Are you okay?

Ashley: No, dad. I... I messed up.

Mr. Menning: What happened?

Ashley: You know that imposter Dark Warrior?

Mr. Menning: Yeah. What about him...?

Ashley: That's me.

Mr. Menning takes a few seconds to process that information, letting out a sigh as he slightly hangs his head and closes his eyes.

Ashley: I only did it to meet the real one. And I did... but only really after he saved me from a powerful organization. It was so stupid, I know. He really let me know it. I just... In an attempt to meet my hero... I only ruined things for him. Made everything worse.

Mr. Menning rubs his face with his hands.

Ashley: Dad? Are you mad? I know what you said about the imposter.

Mr. Menning: No... I'm not... I... I don't know...

Ashley: I know you're conflicted. But just know that I'm going to stop. I'm going to listen to him. I... I got what I wanted. 

Mr. Menning looks back up at her. 

Mr. Menning: Good. 

Ashley: Are you mad?

Mr. Menning: Yeah, I want to be. But... I can't be with how much worry just rushed through me when you said that. 

Ashley: Yeah...

Mr. Menning: I could've lost you. I could be sitting here alone right now, not knowing what to do with myself. And the only reason I'm not is because the Dark Warrior decided to help out my family again. But I'm not mad at you. I also want to meet him. Just promise me that you're done being his imposter. 

Ashley: I promise. 

Now inside of the Sieks penthouse, the Dark Warrior hops over the railing and onto the balcony. He comes walking inside as he takes his hood off. 

Caleb: Gyoe? Gyoe? Uncle Gyoe? 

He looks around for a bit before noticing that the coffee table is broken, walking over to see a note taped to it, getting down and reading it. 

He nods before his lip starts twitching and he goes walking back out to the balcony, putting his hood back up before jumping over the railing. 

Now inside of a warehouse, Gyoe sits tied to a chair. Jasper and Orli stand on either side of him. The guy with a black trench coat and pistol strapped to his waist is standing in front of him. 

Trenton: My name is Trenton. I'm only telling you that because both you and your nephew are going to be too dead to act on the knowledge. 

Reech and Warren come walking in. 

Reech: He's here. 

Trenton: Good. I'll be right out. 

Reech nods before him and Warren go walking back out. 

Trenton: You'll be meeting him soon. 

Trenton turns and goes walking out.

Outside of the warehouse, multiple guys in black masks and red goggles stand in front of it. Aaron stands with a few more guys behind him.