Chapter 12- Vendetta Pt. 2

(Weiss' P.O.V.)

I'm sitting on my bed next to Ruby while Blake and Yang are sitting next to each other on Yang's bed. 

Yang: Weiss? Have you been in contact with Winter at all in this past week? 

Weiss: No. I haven't even gotten a message saying "hello". 

Ruby: She must be really hard at work.

Weiss: Yeah. I feel bad for her. This whole Dark Warrior situation must be really stressful for her. So much pressure. 

Blake: She's not the only one dealing with those same things. 

I look at Blake questioningly. 

Blake: Caleb Sieks. 

When she says that I get hit by a wave of guilt. 

Weiss: Oh my God. I was too focused on what was happening to me, I didn't stop to think about him. I feel so horrible. 

Yang: Since when do you care about anyone from Sieks Enterprises? 

Blake: Yeah. Anytime you've ever talked about a Sieks, you seemed like you hated them. Never thought you had any positive thoughts about them. 

Weiss: Of course I do. I've been friends with Caleb since we were kids. Sieks Enterprises was just starting to gain traction in the business world. 

Blake: So how did you two become friends? I don't imagine your father would've approved of you becoming friends with his competitor's son. 

Weiss: He wasn't. But that didn't stop us from becoming friends anyways. It was at a formal business gathering. There were plenty of businesses and corporations there but my father was only interested in Sieks Enterprises. My father tried everything. He tried buying Sieks Enterprises from Caleb's dad. And he tried partnering up with Caleb's dad. His dad refused both offers with no hesitation. 

Ruby: Whoa. Caleb's dad was confident. 

Weiss: Well, I think the same thing Caleb's dad probably was. My father was afraid of his. 

Blake: Does make sense. Sieks Enterprises was rising, and it was rising fast. A competitor like that is nothing to be trifled with. 

Yang: No kidding. Look at Sieks Enterprises now. It's right on par with the Schnee Dust Company. 

Blake: It may be on par but that doesn't take away from the tragedy that took place. 

Yang: You're right, Blake. It doesn't. And what happened to them is horrible. 

Weiss: And I met Caleb while he was trying his best to learn any sort of business strategy from his father. Since my father was too obsessed with literally anything else to ever treat me like that, I was drawn to Caleb and his dad. They treated me so nicely. His father even started talking business to me, too. And Caleb was so nice to me, it made me feel good. Happier than I've been in a while at the time. We didn't get to much, but Caleb and I hung out anytime we could. Caleb's father would let me come over every single time. It was my dad who had the problem with it. Sometimes I even wished Caleb's dad was my dad. 

Yang: Makes it even worse knowing he's gone. 

Weiss: It does. And it makes me feel even worse because I didn't even think to go to pay my respects. 

I put my head in my hands. 

Weiss: Caleb probably hates me now. 

Ruby: He doesn't hate you. 

Weiss: Why wouldn't he? I didn't even text him saying I was sorry for what happened to his dad and sister. I couldn't even imagine how much he's hurting right now.