Chapter 16- Seekers Pt. 1

(No One's P.O.V.)

A girl who's about nineteen years old comes walking out of the front door of a house, turning back and waving at somebody inside, before closing the door and walking over to her car. She gets into the driver's seat and pulls out of the driveway, driving off down the street.  

The girl comes pulling up to an intersection, stopping at the red light. A white van comes from the right, driving by, and going down the road to the left. The girl thinks nothing of it and drives straight when the light turns green. She passes another car on the way down the road and comes pulling up to a red light at another intersection. 

The girl looks around and sees the late morning sights. A few people mowing their lawns, checking their mailboxes, and other people walking their dogs. She takes out her phone and looks at the time, 11:30. She puts her phone down on the passenger seat and sighs, looking up at the red light. 

The light finally turns green and she begins to pull off, only to have the same white van from before to speed and slam into the front of the car, sending it spinning off to the side and crashing into a lamp post. 

The white van comes pulling up to the car. The back doors and side door opens, and four guys wearing black masks and holding guns come out, rushing up to the car. One of them goes up to the driver's door with their gun aimed at it only to notice the girl was knocked unconscious from the crash. They gesture toward the girl with his head to the others. 

Two of the guys go over and open the door, grabbing the girl and pulling her out, bringing her over to the white van, throwing her in. The guys get back into the van and it goes driving off down the road. 

The scene then switches back to the girls house. The girls mom is in the kitchen, getting dinner prepared for later. Putting something in the stove when there's a knock at the door. She takes off her oven mits, putting them on the counter, and she goes over to the front door. 

Opening the door to revea a police officer. 

Mrs. Pines: Honey, what are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to be at work. 

Mr. Pines: I am. 

Mrs. Pines: So, why are you here? 

Mr. Pines: We were called to an accident... that was just down the street. 

Mrs. Pines eyes go wide. 

Mr. Pines: From what it looks like, another vehicle slammed into the car and sent it spiraling into a lamp post. 

Mrs. Pines: Don't tell me...

Mr. Pines hesitates at first, trying to hold back tears, before responding to his wife. 

Mr. Pines: It was our daughters car. The driver door was open and she's missing. 

Mrs. Pines: Oh my God...

Tears start appearing in Mrs. Pines's eyes before she lunges forward into her husbands arms, crying into his shoulder. 

Mr. Pines: Don't worry, honey. We're going to get every available officer looking for her. We'll find her. We'll get our daughter back. 

(Caleb's P.O.V.)

I'm sitting at my desk in my office at Sieks Enterprises. Being the CEO I should be doing something important. Something that goes along the lines of my duties. But I'm not. I'm staring at a picture of me with my family. My dad, my mom, my sister, my uncle, and me. In our backyard for my sisters 18th birthday. And it pains me looking at it knowing that my sister won't be able to enjoy being eighteen. Won't be able to enjoy turning nineteen or even twenty.