Chapter 5- A Cheating Cat Pt. 5

(Red Hood's P.O.V.)

Ruby and I are now standing in the courtyard of Beacon Academy after stepping out of the bullhead. 

I look around at the place I left a few weeks ago. It looks like nothing has really changed. Not that I expected it to. Just hope that some people did. 

Ruby: You okay? 

I shake my head a little and look at Ruby, who's looking right at me. 

Red Hood: Fine. 

Ruby: Is it Blake? Because she changed. She completely regrets what she did to you. 

Red Hood: It's not Blake. Just being back here... it's refreshing. Had to stop and admire it. 

Ruby: Oh. 

Red Hood: But thanks for bringing up Blake. I've been preparing myself to meet her again. I don't doubt that she changed. She just hasn't changed much in my thoughts. 

Ruby: So... does that mean you don't want to see everybody again? Because I was kind of hoping that after we talk to Ozpin you would.

Red Hood: I don't know. We'll see what happens. 

I look to the tower where Ozpin's office is. 

Red Hood: Let's just talk to him first. 

Ruby: Okay.

The two of us step into the elevator and start going up. 

Ruby: It feels really nice to have you back here. Almost like old times. 

She's trying so hard to get me to stay. I mean, I would be lying if I said I didn't want to. Before the situation with Blake happened this place was full of so many good memories. So many good friends. Countless hours training or hanging out with them all. Whether it was studying with Weiss and Pyrrha, sparring with Yang and Nora, playing video games with Jaune and Ruby, or reading books with Ren and... Blake. I do feel bad for leaving them for so long. Not coming back or even messaging them at all. 

I glance over at Ruby before looking forward again. 

Even though we were in a fight for our lives, it did feel good to have Ruby around. It was like we never missed a beat. And of course, I did more with the others. But it was just different with Ruby. We hung out and goofed off with each other as well. I did love every second of it. The two of us definitely established a connection that won't likely ever break. Having her back in my life might've helped me realized something. No. It did help me realize something. I smile as I glance over at Ruby. 

The elevator dings and the doors open, giving us the sight of Ozpin's office. Ozpin is sitting at his desk while Glynda is standing at it. 

Ruby and I walk up to the desk. 

Ozpin: Ah, Ms. Rose. There you are. We've been wondering where you've been. Weren't expecting you to be with Red Hood. 

Glynda: Yes. With your usual perfect attendance, we didn't know what to think. 

Red Hood: I can help explain that. 

Ozpin: Very well. 

Red Hood: She was helping me to secure a stolen Sieks Enterprises shipment from some thugs. 

Glynda: Did you succeed? 

Red Hood: We did. The police arrived on the scene and took it over from us after we dispatched the thugs. I'm sure they'll be met with consequences that equal their actions. 

Ozpin: I have no doubt that they will. Well, it's good to see Ms. Rose's time was not wasted. But I couldn't help but notice her weapon was still here at the school. I don't doubt her abilities, but I'd still like to know how exactly she helped.