Chapter 29 - A Cheating Cat Pt. 7

(No One's P.O.V.)

The scene opens up to Glynda Goodwitch's classroom. Caleb and Yang are in the middle of a spar. 

Caleb dodges a punch from Yang, swiping her in the stomach with his bow, swinging it back and hitting her in the face, kneeing her in the back when she turns from the impact, causing her to stumble forward. Caleb then thrusts himself forward with a kick to her back, causing her to fly forward and hit the floor on her stomach, skidding across it a few inches. 

Caleb: Come on, Yang. I know you still got some fight left in you. 

Yang quickly stands up, turning around to face him. 

Yang: Oh, I'm not through with you yet. 

Up in the stands teams RWBY and JNPR are watching on with excitement. 

Ruby: I don't know who to root for! This is awesome! 

Weiss: Calm down, Ruby. It doesn't look like it's going to end any differently than it did last time. 

Blake: Doesn't make it any less exciting. 

Ruby: Exactly! 

Back with the spar, Yang propels herself toward Caleb by shooting off shotgun blasts behind her, immediately preparing to throw a punch. Caleb manages to dodge her attack, spinning through with the momentum to face Yang as she does to roll to stifle her momentum. Caleb quickly fires off an arrow at her, which flies through the air, reaching and attaching to her, sending a jolt of electricity through her body, causing her to let out a grunt. 

When the electricity stops, Yang quickly pulls the arrow off of herself, throwing it to the floor as Caleb comes running at her. Caleb swings his bow at her, which she ducks and parries with her gauntlet, and Caleb spins through with the momentum, coming back at her with another swing of his bow, which she uses one of her gauntlets to block. Yang pushes his bow off to the side before punching him with a shotgun blast, causing him to fly back, hitting and skidding across the floor on his back, flipping over onto his stomach when his momentum comes to a stop. 

Yang quickly goes rushing over to him as he props himself up on all fours, and he rolls under her punch, turning around and delivering a roundhouse kick to the side of her face as she turns around to face him, dropping her to the ground. Caleb then pulls an arrow from his quiver, arming his bow with it, aiming it down at Yang. 

Glynda: Ms. Xiao Long's aura has dropped into the red, meaning Caleb is the winner. 

Caleb puts the arrow back into the quiver, extending his hand down to Yang, helping her stand back up when she takes it. 

Caleb: Sorry about that kick. Hopefully it didn't hurt too much. 

Yang: It's fine. I didn't expect any less than your best. And that kick was exactly that. 

Caleb: Yeah. Well, your record ain't looking too good. You trying to go for another rematch? 

Yang: We'll see. I'm going to have to prepare a lot for that. 

Glynda: I hope everyone has learned something from watching this display of skill and capability. There will be a couple of sparring matches next time, and they will be exciting pairing, so be prepared. Class dismissed.

Team's RWBY and JNPR are outside the classroom in the hall when Caleb and Yang come walking up to them. 

Ruby rushes over to Caleb and hugs him. 

Ruby: That match was so awesome! 

Weiss: Kind of ended how I expected it to. 

Yang: You didn't think I could do win?