January 1

Gargamel saw the waning moon in the clouds. When it cleared up Gargamel also saw Orion and Sirius and said both of his jokes, including of course that Orion is a man sitting on the toilet one. Gargamel said that he was wearing Orion's Belt because he was wearing a belt and was deciding to go sit on the toilet to mimic Orion. However before he could do such things Mother Nature without Gargamel noticing took off his belt and smacked him in the butt with it. She did it as discipline to stop Gargamel from saying his nasty jokes. Gargamel then became angry and started to yell at Mother Nature. Mother nature then tied him to his bed with vines again. Then mean while everyone else enjoyed Orion and Sirius, as well as procyon and Gemini and Taurus and that stuff. They looked at the Pleiades star cluster on the telescope. Patrick got a new telescope for Christmas from his Aunt Diane, Aunt Peggy, and both of their husbands, his Uncle Dave, and his Uncle Barry. Patrick was thankful for his favorite aunt, along with her sister who was not so much his favorite, due to her problems with his mother, but still was thankful for her help pitching in to buy him it anyway. It was a fantastic telescope with about a 4-inch aperture. Patrick enjoyed seeing the Pleiades in it, they look so beautiful and amazing. Then they looked at the Orion Nebula in it, that also looked amazing, in fact a little bit better than the Pleiades, however they did not see the diffuse colors of it because of light pollution. But to the naked eye they could see it's diffused glow. They enjoyed seeing it, and Orion's Belt, and seeing Sirius the star. Then to honor the star Sirius, they started watching some Sirius Black Harry Potter scenes.