August 17-18

There was love blooming in the air. Patrick had found a new girlfriend and went on his first date. This relationship was heavily endorsed by the sleepover people, especially those he had to crush on in the past, including Jeannine, Jahnesia, Kayla, and Denise. Patrick had a cute little fake wedding with Kayla when they were 8 years old, of course they both were 19 now. Patrick proposed to Denise with a ring pop. But these were just pretend relationships, they weren't actually married. Patrick had met a girl named Sarai at the pool earlier in the summer, but Sarai mysteriously disappeared and never showed up again. Patrick was extremely depressed after this and once this girl showed up in his class in college, he finally perked up again. When he went on his date, he put mother nature and Gargamel in charge of the sleepover while he was gone. Gargamel however, went down to watch the baseball and football games at a bar, but he was there for 16 hours, he was already gone when Patrick got back from his date, and was gone all the way till 3:00 in the morning. Then he started working his way home, but fell down multiple times thanks to being dead drunk, and got hurt. Fall asleep over people had to go help him, and Mother nature had never seen Gargamel this drunk. Mother nature realized Gargamel broke some bones in his body. Gargamel couldn't get up, they didn't know what to do, they decided to sleep a little more after getting Gargamel home and then decide what to do in the morning if Gargamel could not get up by the time they woke up. Gargamel did not get up, so Mother nature called an ambulance. Gargamel was rushed to the ER. He had a fractured humerus bone in his arm, and he had to be in a sling for a while. Mother nature was so upset this happened, if she had stopped him from going to that bar and forced him to watch the game at home, none of this would have happened, and if we were in bed for that none of this would happen either. She even had to cancel the rescheduled plans to Bedford for Labor Day weekend all the way to next year, they're going to go next year instead, because of Gargamel's injuries. When Gargamel heard this, he got really angry because he wanted to find those Autumn olives mentioned in one of the Bedford chapters earlier in the story, as he can't find any growing around here. The nearest growing patch he knows of is in moraine State park, when the sleepover people took a field trip with the park ranger and Patrick to moraine State park. Gargamel cried about that. Mother nature promised him that maybe we'd go on a Sharpsburg hike another day to compensate.

I know there's no astronomy mentioned in this story, but while they were trying to help Gargamel get up, they saw Jupiter and Mars, they had just passed a close conjunction with each other and were still very close. On this night, it was generally cloudy so nobody really was paying attention anyway. The moon was going to be full soon, which means gargamel's werewolf abilities will be activated, and werewolves have the ability to heal really fast, so there is even the chance that Gargamel heal sooner than in 6 to 8 weeks. Mother nature knew this, so she knew he would probably only be in a sling just for this week because the full moon enhancing his werewolf abilities would make him heal.