The truth

Third person POV

All of the Cullens sat in the waiting room. Their heads in their hands. Guilt and self anger was all they felt. They could have saved her. They could have saved her. That's all they could think of. They could have saved her. They could hear the sound of someone sniffling. They knew it was Maddie. Angelica's friend. They could all smell the bittersweet smell of tears. They knew she must being hurting but not as badly as they were. The bond, it broke completely. It made them feel like their entire body's crumbled to nothing.

It felt like forever. The endless void inside of the room. They could of course could hear the sound of people's hearts and conversations in the other room. But then three men came running into the room. They were panting and heavily breathing. The Cullens watched in curiosity and confusion. But they watched in even more confusion when they saw Maddie get up and run over to them.

"Maddie! Where is she?! Where's Angel? Where's my daughter? Where is she?", Dean asked the younger girl in front of him. Maddie just sniffled and tears filled her eyes. Dean shook his head. He shook his head repeatedly. "No, don't you tell me, don't tell me my little girl is gone. Don't you dare, please don't", Dean whispered as tears welled up in his eyes. Maddie sighed and avoided eye contact with him. Dean sighed shakily. His knees felt like jello. He nearly fell over if it weren't for Sam holding him up.

"I'm so sorry Dean. There was nothing I could have done, she had a choice, to save herself or me. And she saved me", she said as she sniffled and a tear rolled down her cheek. She looked at the three of them.