No pic because ur dad

Y/n's pov

"Y/n, don't you have your own job?" Marigold asks.

"Yeah, I'm done for the day though," I say as I refile the napkin dispenser. "So I'm here."

"Look, your life is not over because your boyfriend isn't in town," she says. "You can go home and sleep or something."

"I don't want to be alone by myself," I say. "It's a big ass apartment, it's spooky."

"But you won't be alone," she says. "You have that cat you haul around everywhere with you and you also have your baby."

"Shh," I shush her. "Do you want everyone knowing?"

"YOu should tell Christopher," she says.

"I don't want to tell him while he's in another country," I say. "And even if I wanted to, he hasn't answered any of my calls, or texts. The last thing I got from him was a note left on his pillow before he went to the airport to go to Jersey, allegedly. And that was four days ago."

'Hey, Bird,
You looked really sleepy so I decided not to wake you. I'll be home in two or three days, I'm not really sure. I'll see you when I'm back.
Xoxo,
Christopher'

That was the note, the stupid note before I was basically ghosted.

"Who knows, maybe he's running late," she says. "And with the time zones maybe he doesn't want to bother you."

"He can at least send me a text message," I shake my head. "At the very least, it's not that hard."

*ding*

"Oh my god, it's him," I say grabbing my phone, entering my password.

Christopher: Hey, sorry Bird I've been really busy.

Christopher: How are you?

Bird: Oh you know, I'm fine.

Christopher: Okay good, I didn't want you to be mad.

Bird: Why would I be mad?

Bird: It's not like my boyfriend said he was going to be gone for three days but it's been four and he only now decides to shoot me a text.

Christopher: I didn't want to bother you.

Bird: Yeah, of course not.

Bird: I'd rather have radio silence than a text from my boyfriend, you're right, thanks for considering my feelings.

Christopher: I'm sorry, really, I am. I was super busy, I'm sorry.

Christopher: Y/n?

Bird: When are you coming back? Today?

Christopher: About that...

Bird: How many more days?

Christopher: I'm not sure, I'll come back as soon as possible. Promise.

Bird: Where are you? Can't I come?

Christopher: I'm in jersey, and really this will just bore you.

Bird: Are you really in Jersey, Christopher?

Christopher: Why wouldn't I be?

Bird: You tell me why you wouldn't be in Jersey, I'm not you.

Christopher: I'm in jersey.

Bird: Okay, I'll talk to you tomorrow, today, I'm not sure how the time works out.

Christopher: Please don't be mad.

Bird: Love you, I'm not mad, just stressed.

Christopher: I'll call you as soon as I can.

"So, how did it go?" Marigold asks. "He's just running late, right?"

"He lied to me, again," I say setting my phone down.

"What? Christopher lied to you?" she asks. "What was it about, and how do you know?"

"I just know," I say.

"I'm just making sure that you don't go jumping to any bad conclusions because he really loves you," she says.

"Well, he didn't tell me," I say. "And most people who love someone are honest, I'm honest to him."

"What did he do?" she asks. "What lies?"

"He's not in Jersey, I know that he went to Flordia," I say. "And trust me, I'm trying no to jump to conclusions but it's hard."

"What? He went to Florida?" she asks. "What's out there? How did you find out?"

"Well, Victoria was trying to send me something on snap chat but it wasn't working, so she gave me her log-in info," I say. "I saw Christopher on her snap map, so I guess he's got me blocked from seeing his location."

"What could he possibly have to do out in Flordia without you?" she asks.

"I'm just telling myself he lied for a good reason, but it's hard not to jump to conclusions," I say. "Because I know he's at his ex-girlfriend's house, and I know he blatantly lied about who he was talking about. But I'm probably just being paranoid."

"Oh Y/n, I'm sure everything will work out," she says, though she doesn't sound all too convinced about it. "Call me, talk to me anytime."

"God, what did I do to deserve him not trusting me?" I question. "I didn't do anything, I'm nice to him and I only messaged him once a day to say good morning, and one call a day. That's not even that bad, it's normal."

"You did nothing," she says. "So don't beat yourself up about this-Aw, don't cry, it's probably the hormones."

"Well, obviously I did something," I cry.

Oh, how I love crying here in the cafe.

"Why would he lie to me?" I question, scrubbing my face. "He could've just said he was going to Florida if it wasn't anything bad, I'm not that kinda girlfriend how will keep him from having friends that are girls. But why his ex?"

"Do you want a drink?" she asks.

"No, I don't want a drink," I sob. "I'm fucking pregnant and my boyfriend is off in Flordia with his stupid ex!"

"You're pregnant Y/n?"

"Yes, Kei, I'm fucking pregnant and I'm going to kill Christopher," I say. "Wait, no, Kei, I'm not pregnant!"

"Too late," Marigold says.

Predictions guys.

-Crouton