Chapter eleven : Messy day.

Maya.

It's been two weeks since I last saw Dante, I miss him a little but I'm still glad I stopped seeing him. I'm walking back to my apartment from the casino. Not Lacoste's, but the casino I used to work at. I had a long talk with Lisa and she admitted that she was out of line. She acted out of anger because of her divorce and she apologized. She told me if I wanted to I could get my job back. I'm starting again tomorrow.

I walk into my apartment and put my stuff away. I look in the fridge and I notice it's starting to get empty again. I sigh. I grab some yogurt and sit on the couch. My doorbell rings and I just ignore it. It's either Yasmin or Xavier trying to talk to me. Dante basically bombed me with texts, calls, visits and gifts for a week and then suddenly he just stopped.

I don't mind that he did, it makes it easier for me to forget about him. I know what we had didn't last long and it barely was anything but I really thought he was different. He played it well I'll give him that. The doorbell rings again. I walk over towards the door and swing it open

"Yasmin I really don't..." I can't finish my sentence because to my surprise Dante stands on the other side. My heart skips a beat,  I don't even say anything. I just look at him while I push the door to be closed again and I walk away. His foot stops the door and I turn around.

"Dante get out, you know what you did,"

"No, I didn't do anything but I know what you think you saw," He says and closes my door behind him. I walk towards him to kick him out again but this time he lifts me up, carries me to my room, and throws me on my bed.

"Dante..."

"You thought you saw me kissing Rebecca didn't you," He says and I just turn on my stomach and put my pillow over my head.

"I don't need to know her name, I need you to leave," I mumble.

"The guy you saw was my brother," He says and now takes the pillow off of my head. His brother? sure, every excuse to get out of it.

"Look at me," He demands but I don't listen, as usual.

"Maya, I'll leave after you look at me," He says so I turn around.

"Fine, what," I say cold. He now turns around and lifts up his shirt revealing his muscular bare back.

"The reason why you thought it was me is that me and my brother have the exact same hair and we're both muscular. The only difference is that he has a skull tattoo on his back and I don't. Now if you had payed a little more attention or let me speak when I tried to explain, you'd find out sooner," He says.

He is right, the guy I saw had a skull on his back. But it looked so much like him. It was his brother?! I feel so stupid. Second-hand embarrassment. He now turns around and I don't even know what to say. I feel so fucking dumb right now.

"You care about me too Maya," He now says smirking and walks over to me.

"Do not," I say as I roll my eyes. I'm too stubborn to admit to it, he'll think too highly of himself if I do.

"Keep telling yourself that darling but you know how upset you got when you thought you saw me kiss another woman, you care about me" He says and fixes his shirt again. He lays next to me and we look at each other.