Chapter thirty four : Old memories.

Maya.

It's been two days since Dante and I went on the date and he has been treating me amazing. He has been affectionate whenever he is home. He is a lot at the mafia but I understand. A lot is going on, and whenever he can, he'll take the time to see me. And besides, I see him plenty enough. I have dinner with Mateo and straight after there is a boxing match with Dante. He has been in the ring a lot, just not actual competitions.

As for Hailey, I haven't seen her yet. It makes me sad, especially since my birthday is tomorrow. So much time was wasted with me and Hailey and our distance, and now I can't see her on my birthday because she is upset with me. Dante told me we would spend the day together and celebrate with everyone when I and Hailey are on good terms again. The idea made me feel a little bit better. I am still so confused about her and Elijah, but I can't read too much into it.

As I am putting in my earrings, I hear the doorbell coming from downstairs. I walk downstairs and open the door as I click my earring close. I see Hailey on the other side of the door.

"Hi," She greets me and uncomfortably looks at her shoes. I open the door further and stand against it, so she can come in. I have some time before meeting Mateo.

"I'm assuming you saw us..." She says clearly referring to her and Elijah at the restaurant.

"I did," I answer and put on my shoes.

"It isn't what it looked like, Maya," She tells me and now I put on the other shoe before standing up again. "I shouldn't be telling you this but, yesterday Elijah found out that Rebecca cheated on him"

I gasp and now I walk into the kitchen to grab my car keys. I had no idea that Rebecca and Elijah had problems. They seemed to be in the perfect relationship. I guess Rebecca is good at pretending.

"Listen, don't tell anyone okay?" She asks me.

"Yea, whatever," I respnd coldly. She isn't here to apologize, that is clear. She is just trying to keep my mouth shut about what I saw and heard.

"Also, I wanted to apologize," She tells me and now I look up at her. "I'm sorry, I just couldn't handle you guys being so easy on it and it was mixed with shock about us having other siblings in the first place."

"You're forgiven. Do you still not want to meet him?" I ask her and grab my bag.

"I don't know Maya..." She doubts. "I want to but I don't know if I'll be able to handle that. Will dad be there?" I shake my head and she now sighs relieved.

"Just let me know when you're going to meet him..."

"I'm meeting up with him now, I'm sure he would love to meet you," I cut her off. She slowly nods.

"Are we okay?" She asks me and I nod. She smiles and we leave the house.

"So you're fully moved in, huh?" She asks me when we're in the car. I nod and I drive towards Mateo's new house. Yasmin fell in love with the house and they bought it. She is moving in next week.

"I'm glad we made up before tomorrow," She tells me referring to my birthday. "I got you a gift two weeks ago." and now I smile.

"Is that why you came to apologize? So my gift wouldn't go to waste?" I joke and she chuckles.

"Of course," She says sarcastically.

✧༺♥༻✧

We arrive at Mateo's house. It's small but modern. I park in the driveway and we both get out. I walk towards the front door and Hailey knocks. I can tell that she is nervous by the look on her face.