Chapter fifteen : I told you so.

Maya.

"Maya, should we go in?" He asks me. We're in front of the hospital right now and clear my throat. It's not a big deal, I'm just seeing my sister again after six years. It's all good.

"Yea, let's go," I say and we go over to the reception desk where a lady is on the phone. We wait until she is done.

"Hi, how can I help you?" She says with a sweet voice.

"Hi, we're here for my sister Hailey Castro,"

"Of course let me see where she is," She says and smiles kindly. She looks at her computer and after a while, she tells us "She is in room 693 b, which is on the third floor."

We nod and thank her. Dante now grabs my hand and we walk to the elevator.

"I'm nervous," I sigh when the elevator doors close.

"I get that, it's going to be okay, my love," He says.

"Why are you being so nice to me?"

"Because you're going to be frustrated with me when we're back in New York and besides you need the comfort right now," He says and I know he means sexually frustrated. I look at him and he smirk slightly but before I can say anything the elevator doors open. We walk over to the hall.

690A...690B...
691A...691B...
692A...692B...
693A.... and...

We stand in front of her room. Room 693B. I sigh nervous, Dante squeezes my hand and he kisses my cheek. I open the door and see her lay in her bed.

My heart skips a beat and I forgot how to breathe for a second, she changed so much. She looks at me and we both get tears in our eyes. We don't say anything for a moment as I'm lost for words as she's changed so much.

"Come on, say I told you so," She says and I know she's referring to her drinking.

She always used to drink with our stepfather. Before she left she got addicted to alcohol because of the amount of partying she did, but my mom and Jimmy, my stepdad didn't do anything about it. I always told her she needed to seek the help she needed even though we hated each other, but when she left I didn't speak to her anymore and I guess six years later she realized I was right.

"I freaking told you so," I say while running towards her. Tears fall down our cheeks as we hug each other.

"Missed you sis," She says.

"I missed you too," I sniff. I pull back and sit on a chair next to her. She now looks next to me and smirks at me.

"That's a fine boy toy you got there," She says and I laugh.

"This is Dante, my boyfriend," I just tell her and when I look at Dante, he's a bit surprised that I told her since I wanted to keep it a secret. I just wanted to tell her because she'd know anyway. Despite our distance she knows me better than anyone.

"Mom and Jimmy are at home. They'll be back soon so I don't know if you want to stay," She says and I nod.

"We'll leave before they're here," Dante now says. "I'll give you two some privacy, I'll be right out okay?" He says and I nod.

He gives me a short kiss on the lips before walking out of the room. I look back at Hailey and she smiles.

"I'm so sorry Maya. Mom and Jimmy just convinced me to hate you, they told me lies about you and I believed them..."

"It's okay, I know you are sorry," I tell her and grab her hand.

"It's not okay, I hated you for the lies that they told me. I want to be close with you again and away from them," She says. "You don't know this but as soon as you left, they started taking their anger out on me. They ruined my life, Jimmy tried to rape me and h-he abused me and I felt the pain you've had to feel for years, while I just stood and watched," She says as tears fall from her cheeks. More tears fall down my cheeks now and I hug her again.