Chapter forty three : Four Months Later.

Maya.
4 months later...

"Cole, can you help grab the sugar for me?" I ask Cole when I look back at him. "It's too high."

He walks over and stretches his hand as he reaches for the sugar, but then he places his hand on my waist just before he grabs it. I chuckle and he hands me the sugar.

It's been around 4 months since I have left. I immediately switched my phone for another one and only put Hailey and Yasmin as my contacts in there, besides Cole, of course. They were pissed at me but I told them the situation and at least they understood why I left in such a hurry.

I haven't heard from Dante which means that what I wanted worked. I did as much as I could so he couldn't find me. I asked Mateo to help me get out. He didn't want me to leave but he was the only one who understood me. I didn't leave without leaving an explanation to Dante, because that is simply what he needs. I called him a few months back...

"What," He said angry, not knowing who he was talking to. He was clearly unhappy.

"Dante?" I asked, revealing that it was me.

"Maya? Maya where are you?!" He asked worried, hurt, anger and desperation were in his voice.

"I'm sorry I left like that, but I need this Dante," I told him with a soft tone. Hoping that he'd understand.

"Maya, where are you?! I need you..." He said. He sounded hurt and desperate for an answer. I wanted to tell him but I couldn't.

"Dante, I will be back. I just need some time alone, can you understand that?" I pleaded.

"I promise I'll stop fighting, I'll be more patient, geez Maya I fucking need you," He says.

"Dante, it doesn't matter if we try, we tried it before and it always fails. We just need some time apart and the only way to do that is if I packed up my things and left."

"Was this about that thing I said about your father?" He asked. "I'm sorry Maya, I never should've said that."

"That really hurt me, Dante..." I said and I couldn't hide the sadness in my voice when I said that.

"I know it did, but please, know that I am sorry, just come home," He tried but he couldn't convince me. Even if he didn't believe it now, he would eventually understand that this was the best for not just us, but the baby as well.

"I can't..."

"Don't rob me of meeting my child!" He now said and raised his voice a little bit. He was desperate to have me back and he used this to try and convince me. He was scared I would. But I could never do that.

"I'll be back before I give birth Dante, you'll meet her..." I was angry that he'd use him as an excuse to lure me into coming back but, I would probably do the same.

"H-her?" He cut me off. Shit. I wasn't planning on telling him until I came back. "We're having a daughter?"

I stayed silent for a little bit. "...yes"

"Maya, please, come home," He asked me.

"Dante, you need to understand that you aren't going to be able to convince me into coming back," I said sternly. "I will come home before the baby is born but I need to do this journey of getting my memory back on my own, the amount of stress can determine how fast your memory will come back."