Chapter 100

Chapter 100: Lost Love
___________________________

Okay guys, so I often switch the verb tense between past and present so I'm going to try to keep it one tense from now on :) .
___________________________

"It's okay. Ryland will take care of you. Your dad and I are going to go get the bags in the car. We'll come back up when it's time to leave. Okay, Hun?"

Rikki nodded as Ryland stroked her hair. Her head laid on his lap with a cold wet towel on her forehead.

Stormie and Mark headed towards the others' rooms.

"I'm sorry." Rikki apologized

"You don't have to apologize. Baby, it's not your fault. Aaron is making you do all of this. I don't see the point in it, but he knows too much. He can hurt you within seconds. I'm not risking that."

She brought her hand up to the towel and brought it down to her eyes and dabbed them.

Ryland sighed, "you're crying."

She didn't bother arguing with him. He knew her too well.

"Don't cry, babe. Please."

She lifted the towel back over her forehead and looked at Ryland as she held back her tears.

He leaned down and kissed her.

She held in her sobs as she slowly kissed back.

She looked at him, still choking on her whimpers.

He looked at her heartbroken, "let it out."

She immediately cried into his lap while Ryland rubbed her back.

She stopped crying, suddenly.

"What's wrong?" He asked

She stood up quickly and ran for the bathroom, her hair hitting her face as she sat in the bathroom vomiting.

Ryland quickly followed behind and sat behind her. He lifted her hand and slid off a few hair ties from her wrist. He hastily pulled back her hair and gently tied it up, careful of her delicate strands.

He stayed by her until she was done.

She watched her face and brushed her teeth...again.

Meanwhile, Ryland brought her a glass of water, but not before telling Stormie that Rikki was vomiting again.

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

"Baby, you shouldn't be vomiting this much when you're already four months in. Mom says you're sick."

Rikki looked up at him frightened.

"What is it?" He asked forgetting

"You said that something was wrong with Cameron, but we never talked about what the doctor said. What'd he say?"

He got a headache instantly as he remembered the doctor's words.

"I'm not telling you all of it. I can't."

"Or you won't."

"Please, Rikki. All I'm gonna tell you is that," he sighed, "you might be giving birth in a couple months."

"What! I'm supposed to have like five months left!"

"I know." The simple answer fell out.

She sighed wiping her tears.

"Why are you doing this anyway?" Ryland inquired

"For Laura. Well, for Raura."

"Raura?"