Chapter 32

Chapter 32: friends first

___________________________

Rikki:"you broke my heart...AGAIN?!"

Ross: "wow hold up.....AGAIN?"

A tear slides down Rikki's cheek as she attempts to hold in the others building up slowly.

Ryland stays quiet. You could see the guilt in his face. Along with guilt you could see sorrow but it seemed as if he though there was hope; hope for him to be forgiven.

"I-I" rikki begins but is cut off by savannah.

"Don't do it" she says

"Do what?" Rikki asks her

"Don't be a fool and forgive him again. Rikki I'm sorry that I even kissed him. My feelings took over yet again but I didn't know you were still together. I would have never done that if I had known. You're my friend....what am I saying? Your more like a sister. Even if I didn't know you....I would NEVER take someone else's guy....EVER." She says to her

"I believe you." Rikki whispers sadly

Riker: "wait hold up.....so RYLAND you lied about breaking up with rikki just so you could 'get with' savannah"

Savannah: "dude don't say it like that"

Rocky: "Who cares? ANSWER THE QUESTION"

"Yes" ryland replies in barely a whisper

Ross' eyes widen as he clenches his fists .

Laura: "oh no"

Ellington: "what?"

She points at Ross' hands and ellington sighs.

"Laura, just take him outside before something happens." He says with disappointment from ryland

"Okay. Guys sorry to go off topic but we need to head back to LA soon." Laura says

Vanessa: "why so sudden?"

Laura: "Kevin called and said that I need to clear up what happened to me to the media before they make a story for me."

Vanessa: "okay, but what do you mean exactly?"

Laura: (sighs) "some people are making assumptions on why I was gone so long. Heath says to keep it private for a while until we bring it into court but Kevin thinks we should just let everyone know as soon as possible to clear up any misapprehensions."

Vanessa sighs "okay but we have to talk over your decision with me and if you want you guys too" she says directing towards the lynches and ratliff

"Okay. Cmon ross." She says

Ross looks at Rikki feeling guilty

"remember....." She looks over at ryland "always be there for her no matter what"

You could see ryland stiffen up as she finished speaking.

Ross: "I'm sorry Laura...but riks.... No matter what, you'll always be my best friend. Dont you dare tell me to put you second"

Rikki smiles and looks sick at ross "thanks."

Ross smiles and walks out with Laura following behind him

~ with ross & Laura ~

{outside in the hospital parking lot}

Ross: "you're not mad at me...are you?"

Laura: "for what? Loving your own sister/best friend...of course not ross. I'm proud of you. It's nice knowing your boyfriend is committed to not only you but also his family"

Ross: "thanks. I feel so bad for rikki. How could I not know?"

Laura: "know what?"

Ross: "you heard rikki. It's not the first time." *sighs* "how could I have not been there for her?"

Laura sighs. "cmon lets sit" she says heading towards a bench

"What's wrong with me?" Ross asks directing the question to be answered by himself

He slouches down into the bench seat thinking too himself.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing. You're sweet, caring, loving, you stay by your family, friends, and girlfriend, and well you're only mistake I guess is that.... You care too much" Laura responds truthfully

"I can't leave her. Let's go Laura. I'm not leaving my best friend....she would never do that to me" ross says standing up as begins walking. He stops as he realizes she's not following. He turns around to face her "you coming?"

Laura smiles and stands up and follows him

As they enter the halls they hear screaming.

They exchange looks and run towards the door.

As the door swings open they see everyone arguing.

Laura's POV

Ross and I just stand there watching them continue to argue. Savannah arguing with rydel. Vanessa receiving yells from Riker. Ellington trying to calm down rydel. Rocky just sits there staring at his stomach.

He notices me and mouthes 'I'm hungry'. I smile and let out a little chuckle.

As I look over to the corner of the room where rikki and ryland are I see ryland trying to apologize to her as she slowly responds making sure not to say anything that will affect her decision.

I look to ross and notice him trying to listen to what she's saying. I smile at how thoughtful he is and do the same.

"Rikki, I'm truly sorry. I don't know why I did all that. I just.... There's not even an explanation. I love you....and only you. Please forgive me" he begs her with tears in his eyes

I look over to ross again and see his face unusually calm....being me I notice his posture. Over the years, if there's anything I've learned, its that ross slouches ever so slightly whenever he's acting....but if he's applying acting to a real situation his hands will express his true emotion.

I look down at ross hands as ryland continues on his apology which I honestly don't think will win her back.

I see his hands form a right fist as his grip gets stronger and tighter as the apology goes on.

Ryland is usually good at apologies but right now every sentence he says is filled with doubt. He's never done something like this on purpose.... Wait no...he has. But what was rikki talking about when she said he broker her heart again?

I let out a sigh. I feel my heart sink as everyone continues to turn on each other by the second. I grab ross' hand... tight.

I honestly feel like everyone has been effected by this so far. I feel as if.... Ross and I are next.

___________________________

A/N

Hey Nerds.

I thought I would update tonight since I had already progressed so much in writing.

I'm actually feeling a little sick today. I skipped dance and my other extracurriculars but that's fine.

I hope you enjoyed this update. I realized that my story is mainly about rikki even thought it's raura so I thought I would give Laura a POV and add some drama....;)

I love you

Nerds Rock😜⛄️ (it's Olaf btw)

:) stay rossome