Chapter 36

Chapter 36: I CAN'T

* this chapter has not been reviewed for any editing or minor mistakes* _______________________

"But Rikki was there," I finish

Everyone looks up and Rikki looks at Ryland with tears.

"what happened after?" Ryland asks almost emotionless.

| end of POV |

She looks to rikki. She sits there almost still but her lips start to quiver as she thinks back to that day.

~ flashback ~

Rikki walks over to the house aaron has Laura in. How did she get it? Oh, just some high tech expertise in the electronic division.....haha yeah no. Grace helped her track the last call with Laura.

It was easy for her to come to Spain since her community project was there anyways. It also took away any suspicion from Stormie and Mark.

Aaron may have kidnapped Laura, but he still cared for everyone. He would take care of Laura. He even helped her through the 'week'. He knew that she would need to talk to someone so he let her talk to rikki. Rikki attempted to convince aaron into letting her come back but he wouldn't give in. Of course, he had limits. They weren't allowed to expand too much on talking about the others back home. She could ask how they were doing but no more than that. He may be caring...but he had a dark side.

As she approaches the door she knocks. The doorbell...well there isn't one. It's a classic small home. Friendly and inviting: you would never suspect there to be a kidnapper and the girl he he kidnapped to be living there. She knew that he would open it. He just wouldn't know who to expect.

-

He knows she's crying. He can hear her quietly sob into her pillow as she sleeps. He sighs and slowly turns to his side too. As he's about to fall asleep he hears a few knocks on the door. He sighs quietly and gets up. He quickly puts on his clothes and walks to the door.

-

As she's about to knock again, the door opens.

"Rikki?" He asks

"Haha yeah it's me," she says awkwardly

He may be a kidnapper but he's still partly her best friend

"What are you doing here?" He asks trying to hide his emotions

"Laura" she replies simply

He just stares at her. She notices his sudden stop. She simply stays quiet and patiently waits for a response.

He thinks about what to say. Whether or not to tell her where she is? To tell her what happened?

He still needs time to think but decides to let her in first

"Sorry I still need a little time to think but come in and sit"

She nods and walks over to the couch in the living room

She sits down and sighs. She takes out her phone

Before turning it on she speaks

"When you're ready to speak tell me. I'll just be on my phone for now" she says sweetly

He looks at her with guilt. He nods and looks down to the floor as he thinks.

She smiles slightly. He's always been a deep thinker. Her feet start to feel painful. She's been working down at the community all day. BShe takes off her flats and lifts her leg up attempting to find a comfortable position.