Chapter 51

Chapter 51: rocky's confusion

_________________________

It's only been a few hours since rikki... let go.

They now sit outside the hospital room, waiting for news about her.

Faith: *whispering to grace* "what's up with ryland?"

Grace: *not whispering* "are you serious? His ...not-girlfriend...is unconscious in a hospital with all her family outside waiting for her and your asking me 'what's wrong with ryland' "

Faith: *mumbling to herself* "just cuz you're not dating rocky doesn't mean you have to be so feisty"

Rocky walks back with food

"Sorry guys they only had sandwiches"

Stormie looks at the food in disgust.

Mark: "little miss chef here doesn't like regular plain food do you now?"

She looks at him in an aggravated, angry, annoyed, way.

He slowly back away and still receives the look. He gets up and walks over to ryland facing his back to stormie.

When he can no longer see, stormie smiles; so does everyone else... Even a nurse that happened to be passing by.

Everyone smiles for a moment; everyone but Ryland.

He stares in through the blurred window. He can't even see her. He tried to go in but they yelled at him.

Ross walks up to him wrapping his arm around ry's shoulder

"How you doin?" He asks kindly

"I can't even see her beautiful face. I'm just standing out here waiting for my not- girlfriend to wake up, waiting for our eyes to meet, waiting for her to repeat 'I love you' " he says

He looks down at the flower he has for her. He just wants to give it to he and see that smile of hers again.

Rydel: "Rikland is like the cutest thing EVEEERR"

Faith: *mumbling loud enough for everyone to hear* "what about rydellington?" She finishes with a smirk

Rydel: "it feels awkward obsessing over a ship that I'm sailing"

Ross: "yeah yeah ...shut up! Ryland, she'll be fine. Believe in her. She can fight this"

Ryland: "and what is 'this' ?"

Ross: "I- I don't know"

Ryland sighs.

About an hour later, the doctor comes out.

Doc: "she's still asleep but she going to gain consciousness soon" he says with an assuring smile

Ryland finally smiles

Vanessa: "he's finally smiling"

Rocky: "guess all it took was good news"

Laura: "wait, that's not why he's smiling"

"Huh" everyone says back to Laura....even the doctor

Rylands smile grows bigger and bigger he runs in the through the door ignoring the nurses telling him to get out.

He looks at her. Her eyes still closed. He knows she's awake. He saw it earlier. He knew it was meant for him.... And he most definitely wasn't wrong.

She smiles.

Even while unconscious she can smile, and make a guy's world shine brighter than the sun. That guy.... Is Ryland .

Everyone runs in after him.

Nurse: "what do you idiots not understand about 'prohibited from entering'?"

Doctor: "NURSE. they have MY permission. You have caused a lot of trouble recently. Please, leave."

The nurse walks out angrily

Rocky: "yeash! Sassy much?"

Faith laughs at him.

Rocky smiles at her.

Grace looks at them.

Grace's POV

I don't understand. I thought he liked me...not her. They've been closer lately and I just don't understand any of it. Was it ever meant to be?

| end of pov |

Laura: "grace? You okay?"

Everyone looks at Grace.

Grace: *scoffs* "don't act like you don't know anything rocky."

She heads for the door.

Ell: "wait! Where are you going?"

Grace: "anywhere"

She leaves.

Rocky's POV

.....what.....just......happened

Did I do something wrong? I mean rikki told me that that to get Grace I would have to get close to her, and I am. I mean I have been getting closer to faith too. Oh my god did you guys know that her laugh is like the cutest thing ever. Like its so beautiful. And her brown hair.....I can't. It's too much. She beautiful.

Faith: "you think I'm beautiful?"

I give her a... Shocked look

Riker: "you were thinking out loud."

Rikki: "yeah thinking out loud about how you two just broke one of my best friends hearts"

Ryland: "RIKKI YOURE AWAKE"

Rikki holds her hands up to her head in a quick moment.

Ryland: "sorry. But....*smiles* you're awake" he looks down at his hands and hands her the flower.

Rikki: *smiles* "I would never leave you.....now, YOU!" She points to me. "You, said you liked her! You, said you wanted to be with her. You, suddenly hang out with another girl....and no I dont care if it's faith.... And then You, like her suddenly. And then YOU SUDDENLY DONT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THE ONE YOU APPARENTLY LOVE"

I can feel everyone's gaze on me. How could I let this happen? I love Grace! Don't i?

I didn't say it out loud this time but everyone could see my facial expressions. They didn't seem happy.

I ran out....after Grace

|end of pov|

_________________________

Not doing an authors note for this chapter....sorry

BUT OH MY GOD ROCKACE OR ROCKAITH

Btw you have to like stress on each word. So like rockACE and rockAITH

Just so you know.