Chapter 40

Chapter 40: brothers

__________________________

<again still Rikki's POV>

Were halfway there. We're all pretty much the same. Except Ryland is now on my phone. I know I'm mad at him but ryland knows how often I use my phone. Ever since he found about me knowing about Laura....well he's developed a rule about him having to check my phone cuz he knows my whole life is on there..... You won't believe how much stuff I have on my phone.....

Of course wattpad has a restriction lock

+I really wish it did cuz-parents+

I let out a small laugh as I see him click the 'R5' album in my photos.

He smiles at me without making eye contact.

As I see what he's doing, I realize...

Today, he's not looking through my phone for answers.... He is looking for memories.

I see him smile at all the photos.

Riker and Rydel holding him for the first time.

Rocky poking his chubby little cheeks when he was 5.

Rydel holding him as she goes down the slide.

Riker attempting to teach him how to play an instrument.

The weird ratliff photos ...😂

Then he crosses over all my photos of him and ross.

I've had those photos since maybe 6th grade. Before I met them, they were the only thing that made me smile.

Now I have a family who loves me, cares for me, nurtures me. I have people who look up to me and look to me for inspiration. I try to do the best I can knowing there's someone out there looking to me as a role model. They love me and if it's possible I love them more.

But...

Now the ones I've trusted the most have caused me tears.

Not just me.

Ryland stares at the screen as he goes back and forth between two certain photos.

He's crying...yet smiling.

His smile grows bigger as he looks to me. In his eyes I see him asking 'your kept this?'

I nod. It was posted by mom on Instagram but still.... It's my two boys

Again, I may be mad....

But I still love him

....them

He continues to stare and I smile. He can see in my eyes that I'm tired. He pulls me closer to his chest and I let my head softly sink into his shoulder. I close me eyes.

I missed this. Him holding me. Safe in his arms. But now I always wonder...

How long will it last?

Before I fall asleep I feel him. He kisses my forehead, then lays his chin above my head. I open my eyes just for a few seconds. I look at him. He looks back.

He smiles without reason.

I kiss his cheek, letting him know he's getting closer. Closer to forgiveness. I know it's harsh, it hurts me to do this, but he needs to understand how hard it is. How hard it is to fall in love with someone then have to stay away from them... Whether it's physically, mentally, or spiritually. He needs to understand. Understand my heartbreak.

His eyes remain open... Without blinking. I chuckle and grab his hand then fall asleep on his chest. Before falling asleep, I feel him tighten his grip. He's scared. Scared to lose me.

_________________________

A/N

Sorry it's short.... SO SORRY

Please check out my other stories

• Fighting For Love (raura)

• The Reason Behind Their Tears (raura)

I hope you check it out.

VOTE & COMMENT

IG| @noraR5

Twitter | @heyitsnora_

I LOVE YOU

Nerds Rock🎶🙏

Listening to All Of Me - John Legend

...Meanwhile also listening to people fight literally about how one dude fucked a girl more times than the dude on the other team did :/

They're playing baseball by the way.... In Edison

😂😂😂😂

But i feel bad for the girl. She's crying and her friends are saying "he's not worth it"

I walked up there.... And yes I got threatened by some guys and other guys smiled at me because they were friends with the girls.

But I told her that if a guy is fighting over how he... We'll ya know...with her. Her friends are right. He's not worth it because he's not fighting for how he loves you. He's fighting for your body.... And no guy is worth it if he treats you that way. I gave her a smile and she gave me a hug.

Don't let a guy cause you to tear yourself up and leave you in tears. Especially not if he loves your body and not you.

Another thing....

I asked him "do you actually love her... Her personality, her eyes, her smile, the way she laughs, the way she makes you fall in love with her all over again... or do you love her for her body"

He stayed silent. I scoffed at him and walked back to her. I gave her a smile and told her

"You have your friends for now. When the right guy comes for you..... You'll know"

Then two of her friends said "he's not the one"

I smiled at them all and we all hugged. I hugged a group of strangers and made them smile. You can do this too.

Btw I might use this situation in the story. Or at least one of my stories. It felt really inspiring guys. I feel proud knowing that I made someone smile.

You can make someone smile.

:) stay rossome