Chapter 12

Rikki's POV

| earlier |

(Ross just left out the door)

Rydel: "Rikki what was that"

Rikki: "ross slamming the door"

Rydel: "ummm...ok?"

I grab my jacket and walk to the door but someone stops me.

Rikki: "ryland what are you doing"

Ryland: he grabs my hand and starts walking out the door "guys, Rikki and I are going out. We'll be back"

"okay"

He starts running still holding on to my hand.

Rikki: "ryland what are you doing"

Ryland: he stops at the park behind a tree

....someone tell me what the heck he's doing

Ryland: "you weren't the only one who heard ross on the phone. Oh, and you and I both wanted to know what was going on .....well now were about to find out." He point his finger out to the park

| now |

I look towards the center of the park where he's pointing.

"What the hell is she doing here?"

Ryland looks at me with worry in his eyes.

Rikki: "ryland. What's going on?"

Ryland: "you didn't hear the other end of the conversation did you?"

Rikki: "no why?"

Ryland: (sighs) "the guy said that if ross didn't come meet him he would hurt laura....and of he didn't come on time he would hurt more than just her."

Rikki: a tear just dropped from my eye

"I can't believe this is happening.....(I look over to ross) ....WHAT THE ....I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING"

Ross was kissing maia. Ross. Was. Kissing. Maia. "Wait no....maia is kissing ross."

Ryland: (still looking at ross and maia) "huh"

Rikki: "look at them closely. Maia is (gags a little) all. over. ross. But ross is just standing there...not responding to her at all."

Ryland: "then.....why?"

Ross' POV

I can't believe this bitch! She said if I don't kiss her then she'll hurt my whole family including Vanessa, Rikki, and .....Laura. She kissed me before I could say anything. Right now I'm just standing here waiting for Rikki and ryland over there to stop her already. Yes, I knew they were behind me......rikki isn't the best at whispering. Yes they're walking here...a little more...cmon guys walk faster! ughh they're taking too long.

What the...YES SHE PULLED AWAY.

I look over at Rikki and ryland. "Oh now you come"

Rikki: (sighs) she looks over at maia and her eyes look like they're about to pop out of her head

....is that what I look like when I do that....damn I must look like a real hoe when I do that.

Rikki: (takes a deep breath) aaaaaannnnnnnddd