42- Friends?

"Oppa, your phone is ringing!" Yelled Evangeline from the living room.

"Who is calling?" Asked Lucas as he paused what he was doing and headed towards the living room.

Evangeline put her pencil down and peeked at his phone. "Someone named..." She mumbled the name first, trying to pronounce it. "Jean.. s...? net." She said and grabbed the phone, looking at him.

Lucas took the phone and answered the call. "It hasn't been 2 weeks since I last saw you. Give me a break." Lucas plopped on the couch and sighed.

"Yes, yes, hello to you too, Lucas." Replied Jeanette, Lucas could hear the slight snicker in her voice.

"What is it? Didn't I tell you till I see you in our next session, I don't want your name to pop up." He said sharply.

"Isn't that a rude thing to say to your friend who has been missing you?" Honeying her words to appeal him.

"Friend? Missing me? Don't start with this bullsh-." He stopped before continuing the word, realizing that his younger sister was staring at him, eyes full of curiosity. He cleared his throat before he continued what he wanted to say, "Ehm.. You literally came out of nowhere and just began ranting to me."

"Yes, free therapy. Therapist number 2."

"So you really have a therapist?"

"As a professional? No. I just have Daisy."

"...What is it that you want?" He sighed and messaged his temples.

"Oh, I was wondering if you'd like to spend this time with us." Jeanette hoped that he would agree, however, she knew deep down that he would say no and she would have to convince him or just drag him.

"You mean this whole year? No, I have things to do." He answered immediately, as if he knew she was going to ask this. Though, it was more of a demand than a question. Her tone didn't sound questioning, it was more demanding.

"First, we are friends; I want this friendship to blossom. Second, I heard you are alone-"

Beep.

"Oppa, why did you close mid conversation?" Asked Evangeline, her eyes following the phone in his hand.

He took his hand away from his face and looked at her, "When people are insulting you, you end the call."

"Did that Jeans girl insult you?" She asked.

"Mhm." A hum from Lucas was enough of a reply.

___________________________________
Jeanette: I was just going to ask you to spend th...
___________________________________

Jeanette
12:42PM, Today.

Jeanette (12:42PM): I was just going to ask you to spend this time with us

Jeanette (12:42PM): pleaseeee say yesssss

Jeanette (12:43PM): why don't you spend time with us :(

Me (12:44PM): why do you want me in your little friend group?

Jeanette (12:44PM): BECAUSE I THINK YOU'RE COOL

Me (12:45PM): .

Jeanette (12:45PM): oh, come on!!! Pleaseeee aren't you friend with athy?

Me (12:46PM): we're colleagues and acquaintances

Jeanette (12:46PM): didn't she get you the plushie? Shouldn't you worship her?

Me (12:47PM): haha, very funny.

Jeanette (12:47PM): come on, Lucas, pleaseeeeeee- I think it'll be an amazing opportunity for you to become closer with us, what do you think?