15- Aren't You The Groom?

The sounds of someone pulling the curtains open, opening the window a bit, and letting the outside sounds of a busy street in the room filled Athanasia's head. She was half asleep, half aware of everything happening around her.

The thing the triggered her awake, is when a hand started playing with her hair. The girl woke up groggily and fluttered her eyes open. She was greeted with the sight of a blonde woman with a pair of pink eyes and her signature smile. "Good morning." Diana pushed the hair off of her daughter's face. "Mmmm... Morning." She replied lazily and she rubbed her eyes as she yawned.

"Where is Lily?" She questioned, because she wasn't woken up by her. She was fully awake when she heard her mom gasp. "You ask about Lily the first thing after you wake up? Tsk, tsk." Her mother rubbed her (Athanasia) shoulders, and she looked at her with a confused look. "She is just getting everything ready for tonight." Her mother explained briefly. "Tonight...?" Athanasia asked. "Yeah. A friend of Penelope and I is getting married. Do you want to tag along? Jeanette would be there." She added the Jeanette part, because it'll increase the possibility of Athanasia agreeing on tagging along with her mother.

Athanasia kept quiet, thinking about it. "Give me an answer later. Come downstairs for breakfast." Diana got off the bed and walked away from her daughter. "Oh, Lily. Is everything ready for her?" Her mother bumped into Lily on her way out, "Ah, It'll be ready in a bit." Lily honestly shared. "Alright." Then her mother walked out of the room.

Athanasia turned to the other side and pulled the blanket on her head. "Athy, wake up." Her nanny said as she closed the window that was opened by her mother, Diana. "Mm, what time is it?" Athanasia lifted the blanket off of her head and stared at the ceiling. "9AM, almost 10AM." She answered her and started humming. "I'll get up... in 5 minutes." She yawned, again and closed her eyes. "No 5 minutes. Wake up." She pulled the little girl out of the bed without force included. "Noooo." The girl whined as she was taken to the bathroom to get ready.

By the time the girl left the bathroom, it was 10AM. She had changed into her outfit of the day, which was a white, mid thigh, simple silky dress with a silk bow on the collar and she matched it with a pink crochet jacket that reached her knees. She had her unruly hair open and just took two strands, pulling them to the back and tying them with a pink lace bow. She wore socks and paired it with small heels and headed her way downstairs.

"Morning!" She saw her father on her way downstairs and hugged him from behind. He put his hands on her arms and hummed. "Morning." He replied with his normal, resounding yet low, tone of voice. "Where is mom?" She asked as she released her arms form around his waist.

"I'm here!" The voice said from behind them. It made both of them turn around. "Let's go." She patted the back of her husband's back and her daughter.

"When I first saw her, I expected something major. Kind of disappointed." Diana was speaking about something while her husband and daughter were listening to her rant with no complaints. "Mhmmm, talking about that. When is that wedding?" Athanasia changed the subject as she added some food on her plate. "Ooohh, it'a today. It starts at 5PM, but we will arrive there at 6PM." Her mother answered her, a little excited at her daughter who may agree. "Ah, alright. Is daddy coming too?" She looked at her father who had his poker face on. "No." He responded bluntly, which made both girls laugh.

"Anyway, are you coming?" Diana asked and Athanasia shrugged as a response to her question. "I'll check in with the girls, then give you a stable answer." She exclaimed and saw her father placing more food on her plate. "Daddy, no." She turned to him and he acted like he didn't hear her. "Eat. Your plate is still full." He pointed out and she rolled her eyes whilst a smile was spread on her face.

"Oh, Claude, I heard about....."

"Is it..?"

"It may be....."