31- You Like Her Better.

(Before starting this chapter, I wanted to say that I attached a video above that will be used in a part of this chapter. You guys can play it while you read THAT part, or you could just read it without the video. Enjoy this chapter~)

Ijekiel knocked the door before hearing a 'come in' that gave him the permission to step into his father's study. "You called, father?"

Ijekiel's father glanced at his son before signing a paper and putting down his pen. "Yes, take a seat." He motioned to the seat in front of his desk.

Taking a seat, waiting for his father to tell him what he wanted. "Yes, father?" He raised his head and patiently waited for his father to finish the work he had.

"Right." Roger said. "I'm going to be out of town for a couple of weeks." He sighed and eyed his son. "For the time being, I want you to look after this house, as always. I just wanted to inform you so you don't get shocked that I'm gone." Roger informed him.

"Ah, yes, father." Ijekiel nodded obediently. "One question, when are you going?"

"Tonight." Roger answered, sharply and went back to do his work.

"...Alright." Ijekiel stood up to take his leave. As he was about to open the door, he paused. "Oh, also, father I found myself a girlfriend." He turned on his heels and observed his father, hoping he would be happy to know that he got himself a partner.

"That's good. Who is it?" Roger didn't raise his head to even take an eyeful of his son.

"I.. it's Athanasia." Ijekiel hid his smile behind his hand.

Roger paused what he was doing and looked up at his son. "The heiress of the D&O production corporation?" He asked.

"Yes." Ijekiel was happy that his father took interest in him for once.

Roger hummed and nodded his head. "Good. I recently was able to collaborate with them. You're creating a connection, that's nice to know."

Oh.

Of course.

'I shouldn't have had high hopes. All he thinks about is the company and the collaborations he gets. He doesn't pay attention to me much, so why would he now? He wasn't even interested in Athanasia, he was mostly interested in the fact that she is the heiress of a big company.' Ijekiel gritted his teeth and held a fish in his hand, averting his gaze away from his father and turning around to leave the study room. "Yeah. I'll be going now, father. Have a safe trip." Ijekiel didn't wait for his father to reply, he shut the door behind him in one motion and stomped his way to his bedroom.

"I'll just go pick up Athanasia." He mumbled and let out a loud exhale that made the maids in the hallway confused on why he was sighing so loudly.

-

"Where is my eyeliner?" Daisy yelled in frustration when she didn't find her stuff.

Jeanette, who was sitting beside Daisy tapped her shoulder to get her attention, then pointed at the eyeliner in her left hand. "Please, think. Use your brain." The brunette looked at herself in the mirror and continued doing her makeup.

"Mmhhh." Ellie clung onto Genevieve, hugging her from the side as she rested her head on her shoulder. "Feed meeee." Ellie whined and pointed at her mouth.