54- My Hearts Been Borrowed.

A yawn left Ijekiel's lips while rubbing his head. He had the biggest headache ever and he knew it was the consequence of yesterday's actions. He groaned as memories of yesterday flooded his head, shaking his head to help ease the throbbing. He rubbed his eyes, vision clearing. "Morning." Ijekiel said as he walked down the stairs, finding Lucas who was already awake.

Lucas sighed, "Morning." Unlike any morning since their arrival, Lucas was brewing coffee instead of just heading over to Iara's beach house to eat breakfast there.

"You are definitely in a shit mood today." Ijekiel stretched his arms, noticing what Lucas was doing. "Any special occasion?" Ijekiel motioned towards the coffee.

Lucas ignore what he said first, his attention on the coffee. Lucas shook his head, "Just felt like it." He looked up at Ijekiel before returning to his coffee.

Ijekiel nodded his head, "You're still thinking about what you saw yesterday?"

"I'm telling you, I, hundred percent saw Athanasia." Lucas aggravatingly replied. "But then again, it was too dark."

"How sure are you that it was her you saw?"

"..."

Ijekiel hummed, shifting the conversation, "Maybe you've been thinking a lot about her so your mind tricked you into thinking you saw her. You still... haven't come in terms with your feelings?"

Lucas poured the coffee into a cup, trying to ignore Ijekiel's question for a moment only to give in and reply, "It's just that, I know I'm being childish and immature by ignoring my problems. I know using my past isn't a good excuse but I'm trying. The realization of me ignoring my problems makes me feel defeated enough to not face Athanasia, it's embarrassing. Maybe if I grew up in a better environment I'd mature enough but it isn't right for me to dwell on the past when I can improve on myself."

Ijekiel raised his eyebrows, humming, "Iara's words really got to you, huh? After all, she was the one who rushed to your house to help you."

Lucas took a sip of his coffee, glancing outside the window. "Just the shock itself of realizing my feelings for her that moment, in that night, where she was under the influence of alcohol... It's all so... Bizarre. Still, the fact that even distancing myself didn't work..." He mumbled the last part.

"Funny." Ijekiel was clearly stifling a laugh.

"What is?" Lucas glared at him while he sipped his coffee.

"The whole situation," Ijekiel gestured with his hands, "but then again, I understand where you're coming from. After this vacation, you have to stick to your promise and talk to her."

Lucas nodded his head, "I will, even though it means I'll probably get slapped." He said lightheartedly.

"Yeah, happened to me." Ijekiel shrugged.

"Athanasia?" Lucas looked taken aback, he mostly said it jokingly.

Ijekiel laughed and shook his head, "No, Jeanette. Don't undermine them, though. They're pretty shameless when they want to be, especially when they're fed up."

Lucas nodded his head, chugging his coffee. "Thanks for the advice," He grabbed his sneakers and headed towards the door.

"Where are you going so fast?" Ijekiel perked up, heading towards him.

"A run. To clear my mind."

"You're coming to Iara's later on?"

"Yup."

It has been 3 days since Lucas and the others landed in Jeju. The first thing Lucas did was head to the beach house him and Ijekiel rented. Ijekiel's family never owned a beach house in Jeju, and even if they did and he had no idea of its existence, he didn't want to spend his summer in a big house all alone.