Chapter-45

I reached the downstairs hall of the aged building. I couldn't control my tears which were flowing like a waterfall. Will entered the hall as I wiped my tears. I felt his touch on my shoulder and turned back to face him.

Muffin? He called. I nodded my head while my head facing down. Why don't you tell him the real reason for not patching up with him? Will asked as I tilted my head up.

Even if I tell him he will choose to stay with me or die for me. I don't want to be the reason for his death, I said as I gazed at him.

Listen, He won't die for you. And I won't let him do that too, Will said as he reached for my hand. I nodded. Miss Matterson approached us. Noah and Aaron joined her too. Where is Aaron's dad? Will asked Matterson. He got a call from his management, Aaron responded as his eyes were looking at me. I broke the eye contact and gazed at Miss Matterson.

We all sat on the couch which was in the hall. Well, We don't have that much time. We have to find the soul bead as soon as possible, Miss Matterson uttered to break the silence of the room. But how? I asked. As I said, I found three places and what we saw in hallucination was one of the places I found earlier, Matterson explained. Then? I asked as my mind couldn't control the curiosity.

The soul bead is on the place called Rysemic. I'm 90 percent sure, She said as she stood up from her place. Miss Matterson, I have a doubt? I asked when she turned towards me. What's your doubt? She asked and raised her eyebrows. Whistler went inside that place by holding someone in his arms. But when he had a soul bead, I didn't get a chance to see the person that he was holding before, I said. And that's because She began but we heard a loud noise outside. We all rushed to the front door of the building. Miss Matterson slightly opened the main door.

We are hearing a burst of attacks and sounds of demons from outside. Oh My God, Rave, You shouldn't be here, Matterson said as her voice was trembling. She grabbed my hand and started to run. I stopped her. We all are having powers why should we run? I asked while glancing at her spooked face. Rave, They are stronger than you thought. We can handle two or three demons, but she paused as we all heard a loud noise from the outside. There are more than ten demons out there. I'm not sure that we can handle them. You can't fight since your the one they want so I can't let you fight against them, She muttered under her breath. And Aaron was not stable to use his power. Even if he uses it will not be effective. I just have Noah and William with me to fight against them, So please co-operate with me until the committee members come and save us, She said.

Aaron, She shouted as she held my hand tightly. Aaron rushed towards us. What should we do now? Aaron asked as he was looking back and forth. Aaron, Take Rave with you. You both stay in the basement of the building. Please do let Rave use her power. If she did, they can find a way to get the power bead from her. I will inform the committee. We will manage to fight against these demons until the committee members come here, Miss Matterson said and left us in a hurry. Aaron grabbed my hand and dragged me with him. We ran towards the basement. When we reached the basement, Aaron locked the door. The basement was too dark to spot anything. Aaron took his phone from his pocket and flashed it into the cold dark room. My hands were cold. We both searched for the light switch. Aaron found before me. He turned on the light and the turned bright. I saw waste cloths rolled and stuffed into the box. I walked inside the basement. Aaron followed me. The things which were probably 50 years old were kept in the old shaky self. While exploring that I heard a loud blast from outside. I covered both ears with help of my hands. Aaron walked towards me. Nothing to worry about, I'm here with you, Aaron said as he held my hand. He gazed at me with hope. I dragged my hand back from him. Okay, I will stay away from you, He said and stepped back. I felt so bad for treating him like a third person. But I did.