Chapter 48- "Yeah"

It wasn't much, but it still meant a lot to her.

Maybe because she was actually starting to believe that she did something wrong. Maybe because she's been at a low since her last week's encounter. 

But having Lexa be here despite her work definitely lightened her mood. Even if they sat in relative silence for a good minute or two.

"... You've got quite a collection of personalities in your friend group," Lexa spoke gently.

It was a bit of an awkward statement, but definitely a true one.

"Yeah. Guess you've met 'em before I could introduce you, huh?" she let out a small chuckle.

The other girl nodded and smiled. "They're really sweet."

Clarke laughed and shook her head, knowing her friends too well to agree. "Oh please, you don't have to cater to me. They're awful!" 

"That's not true-"

"You're saying that because they didn't make you stay up all night making their food." she laughed.

A grin forced its way onto Lexa's face. "You're right, they must be awful to bully you like that."

"Hey!" The door slammed open as Raven waltzed in. "Would an awful friend be checking up on you right now?"

A little disoriented from the comedic timing, Clarke focused on the new figure in the room. "After an hour? Yes." She faked a disappointed look as if she actually expected something else from Raven.

"I was letting you sleep, how is that bad?" she lied.

"After keeping me up all night?"

"Hey, you act as if it was a one-way offer. The last time I remember, I gave you a good deal of drinks on me and free s-"

Clarkes face immediately heated up remembering Raven's bargaining chip. "OKAY, THAT'S ENOUGH!" She prayed Raven wouldn't be staring at the two of them with that mischievous look she always did. "Yeah, yeah. You're not absolute trash."

She didn't dare look at Lexa's probably confused face.

"I may be trash, but you're a raccoon." Raven grinned, making Clarke face-palm. "Well, anyway, now that I know you're not dead, I'm going to head back before Jasper fucks up the punch," she took a pause and looked between the two, " just wash the bedsheets after."

Clarke couldn't decide if she wanted to kill Raven or herself at that moment. 

She stared blankly at the wall as her friend exited the room. "Did I mention that my friends are awful?"

"I vaguely remember you saying something along the lines." Lexa chuckled.

She sighed, burying her face in her palms, whispering "sorry".

...

...

She tried to hang around Lexa for a while, but naturally, her friends starting dragging them in separate ways. Sometimes she would dance and chat with Lexa, other times she would just sneak a look from across the room, praying her friends weren't saying anything stupid.

Mostly, she was trying to recover from Raven's blatancy.

"Didn't know you liked to keep in touch with your patients, Griffin." The other doctor in the room neared her.

'Shit.' She forgot about that.

"Uh... It's a one-off scenario." It wasn't a complete lie.

Lincoln chuckled. "I don't blame her for sticking around. Your friends are pretty great." He stared off to the crowd, sipping on some hopefully-not-spiked punch.