Chapter 20- Stranger

A few weeks past and Lexa not once mentioned the night she accidentally stayed over with her. It was okay. It was actually okay. Everything was normal. Other than the fact that it wasn't.

Because everytime Clarke came over, her heart was racing and a stupid smile was plastered over her face. Everytime Lexa seemed all jittery around her made her grin uncontrollably. Everytime she surprised her with relentlessness, her ears grew red.

And the worst part is she still felt uncomfortable. Because she wasn't supposed to be this excited. Because this wasn't going anywhere. Because she shouldn't have let Raven convince her to keep doing this. And because she still had no clue what to think about Lexa as a person.

'I mean, she hasn't even mentioned the meeting way back when on the street where she refused to join Anya to talk.' What was Clarke supposed to think of that? How was she supposed to act when she saw her in public? How did it change the way she was during the hookup? How did the girl seem so interested in her when she was over but wanted nothing to do with her anytime else?

Perhaps Clarke really was overthinking it. 'Damn it' she let Raven get to her head. Of course Lexa would want nothing to do with her hooker in real life. Clarke was just here to be her destresser.

And there was no problem with that. Clarke didn't like her. She was just a nervous mess because of the awkward encounter, and now it was over. Now she could settle her feelings down and get over herself.

'God, who knew physical attraction and an awkward encounter could really mess with your thoughts.'

She looked over at the brunette, peacefully laying next to her with her eyes shut.

Yeah, she was definitely beautiful. Could Clarke really blame herself for getting confused over a girl this hot? Anyone would be just as conflicted. Especially someone lucky enough to see all of her.

Clarke let out a sigh, escaping from her own thoughts and back into the silence. Before Lexa broke it.

"I... Didn't know you and Raven knew each other."

'Oh. Oh no. Not now.' All the thoughts she was finally able to push back came rushing back at her. She held a nervous breath, not knowing what to expect. 'Was she going to complain about seeing her? Was she going to mention the night??' Clarke gulped as silently as she could, praying the girl wouldn't hear.

"..yeah." She cleared her throat in the awkward silence.

Another moment passed with no words exchanged. No one knew what to say and Clarke was too afraid to ask her about why she left. 'That sounded too needy anyway.'

"She's um.. really sweet."

Clarke couldn't help but crack a smile at how awkward Lexa sounded, despite the pressing feeling in her chest from the air.

"Pfft. Obnoxious really." She chuckled softly.

"No?" Lexa argued. "She was very kind when me and my sister met her."

'Of course Lexa would be so respectful in her opinions on people. She really knew what to say. Definitely took plenty of classes on debate and public speaking.'

Clarke debated whether to mention how they met to not sound weird, but she already knew everything because of Raven.

"Raven? Manners? I don't believe it." She joked.

Lexa smiled. "I mean she really hit it off with my sister." The girl thought about how they seemed so happy to stumble upon each other on the street. "Obviously" She added.

"Heh, yeah."

So that was that. Her life wasn't private anymore. Lexa could just piece together all her small stories and actually find the meaning behind them. Clarke wasn't just a hooker to her anymore. She wasn't just the confident flirt personality she presented to her. She felt like an open book and she didn't like it.

She didn't like that Raven was loud. She didn't like how well her and Lexa's sister seemed to get along. She didn't like that she didn't know if Lexa told Anya about her. She didn't like having her two different personalities crashing. Her two different lives crashing.

It's fine.

Raven wouldn't just out her like that. They barely knew each other. She wasn't just going to let some stranger into her life like that. Not some rich, manipulative chick with all the money and media on her side enough to rip Clarke's life to shreds in one second.

'Was she manipulative?'

Always stressing over her work. Staying overtime and always worrying what her sister thought of her. Incredibly respectful and respectable. Always checking in with Clarke and asking how she was. Always nervous- in text and in real life. Always getting excited about her cute candle obsession. Was Clarke overthinking? Would the girl really take so much time and energy just to lie to her?

She really just seemed sweet and genuine. But so did Finn until she found out he cheated on her.

'Fuck.' She really wished she could just read people better. But she usually did- so why was this so difficult? Why was she so scared of Lexa when the girl was so vulnerable to her?

A stranger. She was having all these stupid confliction about a stranger who played relatively no role on her life. 'Clarke, what's gotten into you.'

"Clarke." The girl tore her from her mess of thoughts once more.

"Hm?" She replied shyly.

"..Sorry if I made you uncomfortable."

"It's fine" she lied.

____________________________________________

She stared at the brunette peacefully sleeping while she put her clothes back on. Her gorgeous locks spread across the pillow. The tiny smile at the corner of her lips. How gentle she looked.

'God, she really was a hot stranger.'

Something about her just didn't feel like a stranger at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note:
How many chapters of denial can I write? Who knows... I promise we're going somewhere.
On another note, once again thank you for all this support! I was definitely not expecting this! Reading your comments makes me smile so much so thank you. I really mean it.