Chapter 6- Small encounter

Midway through her guilty walk home, Lexa spotted a familiar face walking in the opposite direction. Of course the familiar face came with gorgeous blonde hair, an exquisite figure, and memorizing blue eyes.

The girl gave a small smile as she approached the brunette. Unsure of whether Lexa minded her speaking to her in public, she stayed quiet. That is- until she saw the stress under Lexa's eyes and a frown hiding behind that masked smile.

"Hey."

"..hey."

Clarke stopped in front of the girl, making her stop as well.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah. Yeah.. I'm fine."

She was met with a questioning look and a raised brow. "Are you sure?"

"..Yeah."

There was a small break of silence as Clarke contemplated what to say.

"You know... because usually pretty girls don't walk home alone at night unless there's something wrong."

Startled by the statement, Lexa's ears perked up and her cheeks grew pink. There was no way she was going to let Clarke's flirts be one sided again- even if they were technically in public. Lexa wasn't going to seem like a bottom. No way.

She formed as smile as she looked at the girl. "You're right. What's on your mind then, and how can I help?"

The comment was definitely unexpected, causing the blondes smile to grow. Feeling more comfortable that Lexa didn't mind her flirting outside of the bedroom (probably because it was dark and they were practically alone), she turned to face the same direction as Lexa and hooked her arm around the brunettes.

"Well I was feeling rather lonely and I just wanted to walk a cute girl home tonight, but it seems like my problem might've just gotten solved." She waited a little before looking to the side and adding "Only if you don't mind of course."

Lexa's lips formed a gentle smile in contrast to the one she faked before. "Perhaps I don't."

The two girls strolled around, slowly making their way to Lexa's apartment complex.

"Don't wanna talk about it?"

Lexa shook her head in response.

"Fair enough." The blonde took out her earbuds and handed one to the brunette.

"Uh.. thanks."

"Shh." She smiled. "Just enjoy the music."

And she did. The music and the view.

Reaching her block, she handed the earbud back to the girl and gave her a small smile.

"Thank you. Really."

"Of course."

"But I don't get it. Why?"

Clarke smirked and Lexa already knew she was going to get a sly remark as a response.

"I was bored. Saw a pretty girl. Wanted to remind myself of the view I get to see this Saturday~"

She turned around, plopped her earbuds back on, and started heading back. "You should drink some chamomile tea by the way."

"What?"

The blonde stopped in her tracks and turned her head, revealing a genuine look in her eye.

"It's good for stress."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Entering the house and sitting down on the sofa, Clarke checked her phone.

Did you get home safe? (40 minutes ago)

Yeah, I did. Sorry for the late reply.
Did Monty end up dropping you off  or did you stay with Finn?

Putting her phone down, she took a breather before checking in on a sleeping Madi, taking a shower, and opening her books to study.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Anya..

?

Sorry.

You always say that Lex

Ik. Just please don't stress over the left over papers and go home. I'll worry about them tomorrow.

Maybe I'd listen if you did too.

Lexa sighed staring at the screen. If only it were that easy to forget her work. If only she had enough faith that the company wouldn't come crashing down without her. If only it were that easy to not throw the burden on herself. If only Anya didn't have to make her feel so guilty about it.

She massaged her temples trying to push away the headache and think of what to reply.

'fuck it why not.'

She heated up the kettle and took out a bag of chamomile tea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note:
Thank you guys for reading this so far and adding it to your lists! It really means a lot when someone votes on a chapter or adds my stuff to their lists, and only makes me want to write more! <3