Chapter 2- Call

"Fuck. What am I doing?"

Lexa's hand was shaking as she pulled the phone up to her ear.

"Uhh... I don't know? What are you doing?"

"Shit- I- So sorry! I-"

The brunettes cheeks started glowing red from embarrassment. She was caught off guard. Since when does someone pick up the phone so fast? Since when did she talk to herself??

"It's alright, you don't need to apologise." The girl on the other end of the phone chuckled. "May I ask who this is?"

"Oh.. uh- right. This um is Lexa."

There was a pause for a moment. A pause that stressed the hell out of Lexa. A pause that was actually due to the blonde on the other end smiling in disbelief.

"Lexa?"

"Yes I-"

"Lexa as in the Lexa Woods I briefly met a few days prior?"

"..yeah um..."

"Somehow I don't believe that."

"You're- you're right. This is wrong. I- I shouldn't be-"

"No no it's fine. I wasn't judging. I mean who am I to judge?" She laughed "It's just the articles and news sure make u to be more intimidating... dominant?"

"I am, I was just caught off guard-  I'm just-"

"Embarrassed about calling me?"

"..."

The blondes tone softened from her laughter to compassion after flustering the CEO.

"Hey. It's fine really. There's nothing wrong with-"

"I know it's just..."

"You're worried someone will find out? Or that I'd go around telling people?"

"Well... Yes."

How was this girl reading her mind?

The girl smiled softly. "Relax. No one needs to know. Besides, I have my policy."

"Policy?"

"No talking about work and no dating the hooker."

"How does that relate to you not telling anyone?"

"It's my work ain't it?"

".. oh"

"Works two ways. If I fuck up, it's over. If you fuck up, it's over."

"oh.. Oh."

"Oh." The blonde repeated, grinning. "So when do you want me to come around?"

"Um.. when are you available?"

"Anytime past 6:00 I'm yours, but assuming you always show up as late as last time, how's tomorrow 9:00?"

"Perfect." This girl needed to stop reading her like a book.

"Alright. I'll meet you at the same place as last time." She winked even though no one saw. "Oh, and by the way. Clarke."

"Clarke?"

"Yeah. Clarke. Get used to it because that's what you'll be moaning tommorow night."

And with that the girl hung up, leaving Lexa a flustered mess on the other end of line.