Chapter 41- Your Doctor

Her face gave it all away.

She couldn't help it. She seriously couldn't help it. She wasn't able to for the whole weekend- and it wasn't a problem then when she was alone in her apartment- but now she was supposed to do her job. Now she was supposed to be stubborn and cold-faced, just enough to scare everyone into doing their job.

Not some happy-chappy, easygoing, gay child.

Which was exactly what she was.

And Anya could tell.

...

"Soooo, something tells me it went well."

She expected this. She knew she made a promise to actually tell her sister who it was that made her an absolute emotional trainwreck if she actually stood a chance. But the definitive questioning that would come after sure made it seem like an unappealing decision.

"Well, actually, the opposite."

"What?" Her sister gave a confused look.

She still couldn't help but smile. Lexa chuckled, "Everything that could've gone wrong did."

"What do you mean?"

"The tailor didn't finish the suit, and I got coffee spilled on my last good one. So then I showed up late 'cause I had to find something else. And then there was traffic. And then it took so long that my reservations got canceled."

"I- I don't get it. Why do you look so happy then? If everything was shit?"

She sat in silence for a moment as a stupid grin spread across her lips, and a red tint took over her cheeks. "... Because she's perfect."

That was all Lexa said.

" ...Excuse me? You went from point A to point Z real fast and skipped the whole alphabet in between."

"She just- she just is."

"And why is that?" Anya kept prying her.

"She's so, so-"

"Perfect. Yes, we went over that."

Lexa let out a sigh. "Yeah."

"Are you going to tell me what happened, or do I have to search through your phone and ask her myself?"

Anya's comment was left ignored. "She's so nice. She- I thought- I gave up. I thought she wanted to go home and be rightfully disappointed with everything- with me. I thought I blew it. I did blow it."

"Lexa."

"But then she drove us to the boardwalk, and then she- we walked. She bought cookies. And brought a blanket. She was so sweet. And the view was so pretty- she mentioned it before to me, but wow."

"Aw, that's cute."

"And then- then she even ran to get pizza- and she wouldn't let me pay for it, which I wish she did because now I feel guilty-but aah! She just- She looks so perfect. She acts so perfect. She talks so perfect. She- her lips- I-" Lexa's face turned red just thinking about it.

"Is her name 'perfect' too?" Anya laughed.

"It- It is!" Lexa completely missed the joke.

Her sister rolled her eyes and dismissed the idea of explaining herself. "Okay, I must admit, she sounds pretty sweet."

"She is."

Anya chuckled, "Alright, now that we got the fact that you're an absolute bottom out of the way, who is she?"